Only the Good Die Young

Dear Diary,

Let me first apologize for not writing in a while. I haven't had a lot of time lately. Anyway I guess I should fill you in on what's been going on. Nothing too exciting has been happening so I kind of forgot to write, but the past two days have been noteworthy. In fact I haven't been able to think about anything else all day, hence why I'm writing. Let me start by giving you the history I've forgotten to keep you updated on.

Connor and I are still together and our relationship is strong as ever, he really is so amazing, I love him so much. So anyway yesterday I was at the hospital as usual and was following Dr. Robbins around, again just the norm. It was a Saturday so even though it was only 11:30 I had already been at Grey Sloan for over three hours. I was supposed to meet Connor at 7:00 that night for dinner with his parents at our favorite restaurant, a Spanish tapas place in the city. As I was talking to Arizona excitedly about the food I was planning to order that night she got a 911 page to the ER.

The adrenaline pumped through both of our bodies as we quickened our pace to meet the incoming trauma. I tied Arizona's trauma gown as paramedic Nicole briefed her and Drs. Wilson and Grey on the patient who was not yet out of the ambulance. "17 year old male, obvious abdominal injuries and facial lacerations, he was driving when another car sped through a red light hitting his car on the driver side. Vitals were stable in the field but have been dropping on the way here." She said quickly as the patient was taken out of the ambulance. I saw the patient, his cut and bleeding face, his soulful green eyes, and suddenly I couldn't move.

They quickly rushed him inside the ER doors but I stood outside in the trauma bay unable to convince my body that it had the ability to walk inside. After a minute my feet began to move, slowly at first then quickening their pace to a run. I didn't notice the tears that were streaming down my face until I was in the trauma room where the doctors worked to stabilize the boy's vital signs which had taken a turn for the worse. The patient was now unconscious and the doctors worked simultaneously to assess his injuries. "Do we have an ID on this kid?" Jo asked as she hung a unit of O negative blood. The doctors looked around for an answer but no one knew. They all stopped what they were doing for a moment as I heard my own voice say, "It's Connor."

- Mattie

Authors Note:

I'm sorry it's been so long! School has been crazy but I will try to get back to writing, especially once Grey's comes back later this month. I know this chapter is short but I'm trying to plan out a little bit where I want the storyline to go but I thought I'd give you guys what I have so far. Thanks for reading! Hope you like it!