"i'm not hungry."

the next few days went by in a blur of colors and sounds.

usually nova tried to be observant in class, take good notes, and occasionally answer a question here and there, but she found herself drifting off to sleep in the middle of a lecture or just not paying attention at all.

even her friends began to worry.

"nova? aren't you going to eat?" claire, her best friend had asked.

they were currently in the student center cafeteria for lunch. it was taco tuesday of course, and nova and claire never missed taco tuesday.

but nova had other things on her mind.

"i'm not hungry." nova pushed her full, uneaten plate of tacos aside and scooted out of the booth. as she made her way to the exit, she blocked claire's attempts to get her to come back out of her head. 

a few more days had passed and it had been almost a week since she had gotten another call from castiel. she didn't want to call herself for fear of vomiting.

an angel of the Lord?

nova knew of angels, but she knew they lived up in heaven, not on earth.

she opened her computer and decided to do a little research, but nothing really stood out to her. 

when she glanced at the clock, she realized it was past 2 am, and she had a test tomorrow.

rubbing her eyes, nova stretched out her legs and decided to give it a rest for the night. she needed some sleep.

but as she sat her computer down and pulled the covers up to her neck, her phone buzzed with an incoming call.