"so this communication device has a brain too?"

nova answered the phone without glancing at the screen.

"hello?" nova said, her voice shaking.

"hi, supernova!"

she recognized his voice almost immediately. her mouth fell agape and she was positive she wouldn't be able to close it again. 

"c-c-castiel?" nova couldn't believe it. castiel had made the effort to call her back.

"you know, dean told me this thing people say. i think it goes something like this: don't wear my name out?" there was a short pause, then, "no, that isn't it. that's my name, don't wear it out? Yes, that sounds correct."

nova stifled a laugh. she could see where angel of the Lord finally came into play. no wonder his speech was so strange and awkward.

"anyway, i called to apologize about the many times my butt has dialed you in the past weeks. i've been told my butt it a little big."

nova smiled. "it's no problem. i understand. sometimes i think my phone has a mind of its own."

"so this communication device has a brain too?"

"no castiel. it's just another figure of speech."

"i really need to inform myself of these expressions. there are so many." castiel sighed, muttering under his breath.

"i'm sorry, castiel, but i must be going to sleep now. i have a test in the morning."

"sam says tests aren't fun. good luck, supernova!"

nova laughed again. "thanks castiel. i'll do my best."

"oh! that reminds me of the reason i called. dean says it might be a good idea to ask you on a date? however, i'm not really sure what that means. he suggested a coffee date, but i'll have to ask him about the details-"

nova cut castiel short. "i'd love to go on a coffee date. you can call me later with those details. goodnight, castiel."

"goodnight supernova."

maybe nova could finally get some answers.