"you're being followed."

it had been almost a week since nova had seen castiel. she remembered meeting sam and dean, his friends, in a jumbled rush. once castiel had made her feel better with his "angel magic," they had left soon after because dean kept making flirtatious comments toward nova, making castiel irritated.

"i found her first." castiel had said.

nova remembered laughing at this comment. she thought it was super cute that this naive guy had taken so fondly to her. he was nothing like she'd ever known before, and she was absolutely okay with that.

the two had left and headed back to bean me up where they drank some coffee and talked about castiel's life as an angel, including how the "vessel" he was in wasn't his true form.

nova found that a little strange (she found it all strange), but she was learning to take everything she was being told with a grain of salt. the two managed to have a long conversation, though, and she was looking forward to their next date, which was in a few days.

today, nova sat in the dining hall, eating lunch by herself. they were serving grilled chicken today with mashed sweet potatoes, fresh asparagus, and a roll. nova only came for the lactose-free ice cream, however. it was worth any penny she spent on a full meal. so, nova skipped the chicken and went straight for the ice cream machine. she grabbed a bowl from the dish area and filled it to the top with chocolate. this was her lunch of champions.

she made her way to an empty table in the middle of the dining hall and began to scarf down the cold ice cream. 

"supernova, good afternoon."

castiel's gravelly voice made nova jump. she whipped around quickly to see him standing behind her.

"castiel," she breathed. "you scared me."

when castiel didn't say anything, nova began to see the worried look on his face. "what's wrong?"

castiel's eyes danced across the room quickly as if he were searching for someone or something. nova was getting freaked out.

"come," castiel said. "we can't talk here. we have to move."

castiel grabbed nova up from her chair, and her heart sank once she realized she wasn't going to get to finish her ice cream. castiel pulled her out of the dining hall quickly and into the women's bathroom, locking the door behind them. he checked the stalls to find they were all empty and they were alone.

"castiel, i don't understand. what's-"

"you're being followed." she was abruptly cut off by this statement.

nova couldn't comprehend what castiel had just said. a million things were running through her mind at that moment. followed? by who? 

"wait, what-"

"I have to get you out of here before they find you."

castiel grabbed nova's arm once more, and before she knew it, they had magically appeared somewhere else within seconds. 

a/n: heyyyyy guys, just wanted to update you that I added more things to the previous chapter to make it better. also, I'm doing a lot better, and I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.