"...dean doesn't explain these phrases to me."

nova found herself back at college in the next few days. it had been a while since she'd spoken to castiel. she was rather angry at him for putting her through such stress and anxiety. castiel hadn't even tried to contact her, and she thought it was best to keep it that way. her life was stressful enough without demon and angel fights.

castiel calling...

speak of the devil, nova thought.

"hello?" she answered the phone.

"nova, how are you this evening?"

she rolled her eyes at the amount of casualty in his voice. "what do you want castiel?"

"dean says i should check in on people i care about."

nova couldn't help but smile, all things aside. "well, that's nice of you castiel."

"i'm sorry for what i did."

she sighed. "it's fine, cas. i overreacted, i think."

"no, you were right to act that way. i crossed the line."

nova didn't say anything.

"but i don't understand how crossing a line means that i went too far... dean doesn't explain these phrases to me."

nova laughed. "well, maybe i should teach you over coffee again sometime?"

"i'd like that." nova could hear the smile in his tone.

"okay, i'll meet you there tomorrow around ten."

"bye, supernova."

nova hit the end call button on her phone and smiled. maybe castiel wasn't so bad after all.

a/n: thanks so much for reading guys. i've got a new fic in the works you should check out. it's a jessica jones and veronica mars fanfiction- like i need to take on something else though- am i right? anyway, feel free to check it out if you want! in the meantime, i'm hoping to finish this fic in a couple chapter- maybe even one, so look out for that soon! it's been a long journey, thank you guys!