Toby and Vanessa

This will be like a short little chapter that I felt like I had to write.😀

Oceans POV
I wanted to get a job to pay Lin back for all of the red carpet dresses, and all the doctor appointments.
It wasn't my plan to wake up at 4 am, but tobillo started licking my face.
    "Toby....." I laughed.
"Someone likes you..." Vanessa leaned in on my door.
  "I guess so," I watched tobillo curl up in a ball, "he runs out of energy quickly,"
"That's why Lin wanted her. She's lazy, just like him," Vanessa laughed with me.
"Here, get dressed, I want to show you something," Vanessa took Toby and without any questions, left.
  I left my hair down and threw on Lins old letterman jacket.
    "So what do you wanna talk about?" I asked as she hooked on Toby's leash.
     "Nothing important, I just want to catch up." I looked at her. Vanessa always had something important to talk about.
      "So what do you wanna catch up about?" I asked.
    "Honey, it's nothing special I just want to talk," Vanessa shuttered it the cold.
     "Ok... So what's up?" I pulled my jacket in closer.
      "Oh, you don't want to know about me... I'm not as interesting as your father or anything." Vanessa laughed.
    "Oh No! Not at all! Your amazing Mom," Vanessa scoffed.
   "Please. I'm just a lawyer, and not even a good one... and besides... What fun do you have with me? Your dads the reason you won the Grammy,"I tilted my head.
   "What do you mean he's the reason?  I mean yeah he's the reason I can sing and act,  but I thought I did this thing solo for once," I was pretty offended by what Vanessa was saying.
     "No, no, no, no, Oc, I meant, he is the reason you have the opportunity to act, and sing, cause without him, you'd still be with the Fredricks." Vanessa shook her head rapidly like a tornado.
    Oh," I don't like provoking arguments , so I laughed it off.
   We walked around the whole block until we got home.
   "Thanks Mom," I beamed at her.
"No thank you Oc," Vanessa hugged me, "wanna go out for breakfeast?"
   "Um, I'm already late for a job interview, so I'm gonna scidatle ," I ran up into my room, and I could hear Vanessa laughing.