~Backstory~

(This has been edited and reread for your sake and my sanity :') haha)
-At Phoenix Drop High-

aphmau's pov:

I was walking quickly through the hallways, but now quick enough. They soon neared, pulling me and pushing me onto the wall of lockers. I winced from the impact. "L-Let go of me!" I yelled, looking up to stare them right in the eyes.

"Hah. How about... no! Gene! What should we name her!" Zenix chuckled, grinning from ear to ear.

Gene let out a sigh, tapping Zenix on the shoulder. "Let go of her Zenix"

Zenix whinned. "Aw, you're no fun!"

"You're too loud anyways, so shut up you idiot." He then turned to me. "Anyways... hello Kitty~" He winked.

"D-Don't call me that..." I stuttered out.

"I'll call you whatever I want...Kitty!"

I looked down at my shoes, not wanting to make more eye contact "What do you want..."

"Join us. If you don't then...We'll show Laurance what you and Garroth did yesterday..." He pulled out a photo, indeed it was me and Garroth.

"HOW DID YOU GET THAT!" I tried to take it, but he was too fast. He whipped his hand up into the air, taking the photo out of my reach.

"Heh too short...You're cute, Kitty"

I growled. "FINE! But...Please don't show Laurance..." I begged.

"Heh...Deal" Gene grinned.

-Months Later-

gene's pov:

"Heh Kitty-"

Aaron neared, growling. "You! Why don't you leave Aphmau alone!"

"Why are you protecting her Aaron?"

"Im protecting her from you, now GO!"

I looked at Aphmau for some sort of backup. "Aphmau?"

"He's right Gene, you should go..." She turned away and looked at Aaron, a smile on her face. "Thanks Aaron."

Aaron smiled back at her, holding her face in his palms. "Of course, no problem."

I scratched the back of my head, glaring at the pair. "Fine." I soon walked away, feeling a little hurt.

-Years Later-

gene's pov:

"Hey Aphmau..." I whispered out.

Aphmau turned around, her eyes widening. "Gene! I haven't seen you since High School!"

"Heh yeah... um... Aphmau... I'm really sorry about the way I treated you..." I looked down at my shoes. "I'm really sorry..." To my surprise, she smiled, wrapping her arms around me. I was taken back, my eyes widening.

"Aw, it's okay Gene. I forgive you!" She grinned.

I smiled back, parting away from the hug. "A-Anyways... how have you been?"

She smiled. "Ah, great! Me and-"

She was interrupted, a familiar face coming from behind. It was Aaron.

"Hey Aph!" He kissed her cheek, the bad feeling in the pit of my stomach arising. "Hey man! Haven't seen you since High School!"

I gave a forced smile, nodding my head. "Um ah... are you guys dating?"

"Yeah! We've been dating for a couple of months now!" Aphmau grinned.

"Oh well, great! A-Anyways... um I gotta gotta get going. It was nice running into you guys again." I quickly turned around, walking away at a hasty pace.

"Bye Gene!" Aphmau yelled out. I heard her soft giggle, my heart pounding.

I had to leave. Aaron had started giving me a slight death stare and I just... I couldn't bare seeing them like that any longer. It... hurt?