~Im Jealous?~

(This has been edited for your sake and my sanity lmao)
gene's pov:

I've been talking to Aphmau recently and she seems to understand me more than anyone. And not to mention, she actually listens to what I have to say! We have more things in common than you think and she's... really cute and adorable. Except... she's with Aaron... I can't just break them up. She really loves him. Ah, why am I thinking so much about her? She probably still hates me to be honest. I was brought out of my thoughts by the opening of a door, the beautiful girl I was thinking about suddenly standing right in front of me.

"Oh, hey Gene!" She smiled, motioning for me to come in.

I walked in, looking back at her. "Heh hey... ah was wondering if you wanted to hang out?"

"Sure! Aaron's at work so we could just hang out here if you want"

"Sure! So-" I was interrupted.

"Oh, and is it okay if Zane is here?"

"Zane?" I questioned.

"Yeah! He's upstairs come on!" She took my hand, leading me upstairs to her room. "Zane! Is it okay if Gene stays here? Either way, he's staying."

Zane screeched, his eye widening. "G-Gene! W-What is he doing here!"

Aphmau giggled. "Hey! Be nice Zane! Anyways, sit Gene!" She patted the space next to her on the floor, smiling.

I chuckled. "Heh okay fine." I sat down next to her. "So what are you guys doing?"

"We were playing with some of my ponies!"

I laughed. "Haha, Zane's playing with ponies!" I mocked him.

Zane acted offended. "N-NO! A-A APHMAU FORCED ME! I DON'T HAVE TO PLAY WITH THESE STUPID PONIES!" He threw them to the side, a look of guilt and sadness in his eyes as he did it.

I rolled my eyes, a grin on my face. "Haha, yeah... sure."

-All three of them played for a while until Zane had to leave, that leaving Gene and Aphmau alone-

"So what now? Zane's gone..."

"Hmm... don't know. I'm pretty tired..." She laid on the bed, patting the spot next to her.

I hesitantly laid down next to her, trying to start a conversation. "So... when does Aaron come back?"

"He'll usually comes back in about... 20 mins from now actually." She let out a small yawn, my heart skipping a beat once again.

"Heh, tired much?"

"Yeah...Zane is so energetic haha"

"Ha tell me about it... um... hey Aphmau?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think you and Aaron will take your relationship to the next level?..."

She had a questioning look on her face. "Like... married?"

"Yeah... do you?"

Aphmau frowned. "I mean I don't know... Aaron and I haven't been talking to each other a lot... I wonder whats up with him. But I still love him and... he still loves me. Why do you ask? Are you jealous!" She teased.

I flushed red. "N-No! Just curious, you know."

She giggled. "Hah I was just kidding..." There was an apparent blush on her face now too.

"Heh your cute when you blush..." I immediately turned red. Did I really have to say that out loud!" I saw her blush turn a deeper shade of red.

"Ah... well... you're cute when you blush too..."

"Uh sorry...I didn't mean to say that... uh ..." I scratched the back of my head, embarrassment taking over.

She turned to look at me. "Haha, it's okay Gene."

I turned to look at her as well, getting lost in her eyes immediately. I noticed how pretty her eyes sparkle and-

The door opened, the sound of it opening and closing filling the house, footsteps following afterwards.

She quickly backed away, standing up. "That must be Aaron..." She stretched a hand out, motioning for me to stand up. "come on."

I took her hand, standing up and following her downstairs. "Ah, okay..."

She ran towards Aaron, giving him a hug. "Hi Aaron!"

"Hey Aph! Hanging out with Gene?"

"Yup! Zane was here too, but he left"

"Oh well, anyways, I'm going to take a shower. I'll hang out with you when I'm done." He soon disappeared upstairs, leaving me and Aphmau alone once again.

"Okay! Well come on Gene!"

I sat down on the couch, Aphmau following afterwards. "Wanna watch a movie in the meantime?"

"Of course! What you wanna watch?"

"What ever you want." I responded.

"Okay, how about horror movie?" She grinned.

"Great! I don't get scared at horror movies" I gawked. She let put another giggle, rolling her eyes as she put on the movie.

An hour passed, Aaron didn't want to disturb Gene and Aphmau so he decided to stay upstairs instead.

aphmau's pov:

I was so scared I was hugging Gene tight. Hope he doesn't mind... he's so warm and soft too!

"Heh scared?"

"Y-Yeah maybe..." A jumpscare suddenly popped on the screen. I screamed, tightening my grip on Gene as I clung onto him for dear life. I felt him hug me back, my eyes averting towards his. "Huh?"

"Don't worry... you're okay." He continued to hug me, making me feel safe.

"Thanks Gene..." I decided to lean my head on his shoulder, hoping he wouldn't mind.

gene's pov:

Aphmau fell asleep on my shoulder and the movie ended. Hearing this, Aaron finally came downstairs.

"Heh she fell asleep?"

"Uh yeah" I mumbled as I gently placed her on the couch.

Aaron walked over, placing Aphmau in his arms as he carried her. "'I'll carry her upstairs, thanks for hanging out with her today."

"Heh, no problem. I should get going."

"You know, Aphmau's lucky to have a friend like you. Cya man."

I smiled and walked out, letting out a sigh as I closed the door. I'm just a friend to her. And come to think of it... I think I am jealous.