03

The dan's week-long beach trip was in a week, and school had gotten out 3 days previously. Kano had begun estrogen shortly before. Her hair was now slightly past her chin, and she was starting to look more feminine.

She was super self conscious of her body hair, and shaved it off, but felt significantly better psychologically. She had less of a sex drive (not that she was doing anything sexual) & was beginning to notice breast growth.

Kano decided that now would be a good time to tell the dan that she was trans & not actually a guy like they thought she was. Her heart was racing. They all assumed it was just gay fashion, when it was really transitioning.

"Kido, can you call the dan in here? I wanna tell them something," she asked the leader. "I guess," Kido said before yelling, "alright, everyone in the living room, Kano has something that's apparently important to tell you guys."

One by one, they all filed into the living room. "What is it? Last time you did this we found out you and Seto were a thing," Shintaro said bluntly. "Shut up," said Momo, elbowing him in the side.

"I just wanted...to say that...I'm not gay. I'm transgender. I'm a girl, not a guy," she confessed, "Seto's the only one who knew before this."

The dan got up awkwardly, saying things like "it figures" or "that's interesting". Momo & Mary told her that it was totally fine, and Kido came up to her and half-hugged her. "It's gonna be weird getting used to this, but I'm proud of you for telling us," she smiled, and left the room.

Kano turned to Seto and smiled, before the two hugged. "That went better than I expected, I thought they'd get mad at me," she said. "Yeah," said Seto.

-

The dan had just arrived at their resort. They were staying in one of the fancy rooms that was almost like an apartment. They were on the 14th floor. There was a total of 17, but it was really 16 because they skipped 13. So, technically, they were on the bad luck floor, it was just renamed.

Kano had volunteered to sleep on the couch, since the dan was arguing if she should sleep with the guys or the girls. She could be super paranoid sometimes, and she had trouble falling asleep on things that weren't a super comfortable bed, but it was the least she could do to stop the arguing.

Since it was after dinner when they got there, Momo, Mary, and Seto volunteered to go grocery shopping for the week. They came back with a lot of junk food (despite kido's suggestion that they should eat healthy), and Momo declared she wanted to walk on the beach. "Sure, we can do that," said Kido, tying her long green hair up.

The rest of the girls except Kano repeated. "Kano, see if you can tie your hair up yet, the wind is gonna blow it all over the place," she suggested. Kano took one of Momo's hair ties and somehow got it into a short ponytail successfully.

The dan left the room and headed towards the elevator. All 9 managed to cram themselves into one. There were a lot of people waiting at the bottom of the elevator, most with luggage. The dan dodged them & opened the door.

The warm, salty wind hit them as soon as they left the building. They crossed the parking lot and walked over the wooden entrance to the beach. Kano reached for Seto's hand as they walked towards the water.

"I love walks," he said, spraying water a foot or so in front of him as he walked. Kano nodded. "I do, too. By the way, I need to tell you something...but don't worry, it's nothing like what I told you a month or so ago," she said. "What is it?" he asked.

"I think I love you, and that it's not just infatuation. I've never felt this type of connection with anyone before," she confessed. "Mhm," he replied, looking down at his feet. This made Kano kind of upset, she couldn't tell if he wasn't listening or if he didn't feel the same.

She didn't talk much for the rest of the walk, and was relieved when they arrived back at the resort. They had the TV on, and were watching some movie in the DVD player. Kano was next to Seto, who had no clue that she was upset with him. She was good at pretending like everything was alright when it wasn't.

After she had showered and everyone had gotten ready for bed, she got out sheets & a few blankets & pillows and stretched out to go to sleep. The dan slowly all went to their rooms, Kido being last.

"You sure you want to sleep on the couch? I'm not sharing a bed with anyone right now, so you're welcome to come in here," she said, but Kano refused. She said she had agreed to and didn't want to mess up the harmony of the dan.

At last, Kido turned out the light and went to bed. Kano shuddered as the door to the girls' room closed. Everything suddenly became ten times more terrifying. She decided the best policy was to close her eyes and not think. However, she kept feeling like something was after her and had to open them and glance around.

Then, she ran out of water. She was too scared to get up and get it herself, but if she didn't want a sore throat, she'd have to face her fears. She was slightly shaky as she crept around the apartment to the refrigerator. A family walked past and entered the apartment across the hall as she grabbed a water bottle from the top shelf of the fridge.

She quietly ran back to the couch and pulled the covers back over her. She was fine for about thirty seconds, then needed to pee. "Fabulous," she whispered to herself, before grabbing her phone and sneaking off to the bathroom.

Kano was just sitting on the toilet, finishing up emptying her bladder, and she heard someone rustle the shower curtains. She gasped and sprinted out of there as fast as she could safely do so in socks.

At last, she was comfortable on her couch. After a half hour of thinking, she dosed off. Of course, she had a nightmare. Not an especially creepy or violent one, either. In fact, it was about Seto. The two were about to go at it, and when she finished stripping, Seto decided he would rather just take a picture of Kano and get her arrested. She screamed before the dream shifted.

This time, Kano was drafted for a war, and it ended the day before she was taken away, and she had stopped eating the entire week to lose as much weight as possible so she would be far too underweight to serve. She was horrified at the sight of her body. It wasn't creepy, but she had lost 30 pounds in a week.

Kano woke up crying, and felt so much relief knowing she was on her couch, all of her body weight intact, not having to worry about war. Still, she was scared from the dream, and couldn't stand another moment on the dumb couch.

Her first instinct was to go into the girls' room. She quietly shook Kido awake. The green-haired girl didn't want to wake at first, but immediately sat up when she saw the crying girl in front of her.

"Good Lord, what happened?" she asked, taking hold of one of Kano's hands & stroking her cheek with the other. The blonde pushed away Kido's hands and crawled into bed with the girl, who instantly embraced her and started stroking her hair. She cried uncontrollably for a few more minutes, then managed to get out her story.

"Is this the first time anything like this has occurred?" asked Kido. "Well, nightmares aren't anything new to me, but they're never like this," Kano replied. "Alright, then. The best thing you can do now is try to fall asleep here next to me," Kido insisted.

Kano nodded before the tears slowly stopped and she began to relax. Tomorrow will be better," she thought before falling asleep, this time without nightmares.