06

The beach trip had been over for a few weeks now, and the dan was currently having a very challenging battle with boredom. Kano had made more progress on her transition, and was at 2 months. Her hair was now down to slightly above her bust, which was also beginning to grow. She could definitely tell her weight was beginning to shift. She was also becoming a bit moody.

"Kido, I think the air conditioner's broken," Kano called.

"It shouldn't be, we just fixed it last year," said the taller girl, leaving her spot on the couch.

"Well, I'm not feeling any cool air."

"Same here," said Seto.

Kano glanced at him, before turning her attention back to Kido and nodding.

"I swear, this place is getting to be too high maintenance," she said, glancing at the thermostat.

"Feels like it," the boy agreed.

If Kano were honest, she missed Seto. But she knew how it usually went for couples who got back together, therefore she didn't bother, especially since Seto was no longer feeling attraction towards her.

"I found the problem. It was set on 77*F," Kido declared.

"Figures."

The three looked to the doorway to see Shintaro had made his rare appearance.

"Look who's here," said Kano.

"I just needed another soda. So, if you'll excuse me, I'll be right on my way," he said.

The NEET made his way across the room and into the kitchen. Kano heard the door to the fridge open and a loud groan from the boy.

"Kido, we're out of soda again," he called.

"We just restocked," she said, going to where he was to see for herself.

This meant Seto and Kano were by themselves. Seto was looking at his phone, fidgeting as usual. Kano watched how his heels went up and down and how his legs moved with them. But he was no introvert, therefore he had to make conversation while the other two were arguing in the kitchen.

"I love summer, but the ridiculous heat is why I strongly prefer spring," he said.

"Heh, you know I prefer the cold," she said, shifting a bit.

She inwardly panicked a bit when Seto's eyes widened.

"I just noticed how long your hair's getting," he said, causing the blonde to smile slightly.

"Yeah, and it's grown so fast. It always seems like Kido and Mary's take ages to grow," she said.

"Oh, I know," he agreed.

To Kano's relief, Kido and Shintaro reappeared in the doorway.

"Alright, I need you two to run to the store to buy Shitnaro more soda," said Kido.

Kano glanced at Seto, an anxious feeling forming in her stomach. She saw the boy's expression hadn't changed.

"What kind?" he asked.