05

Kano slammed the door & refused to face Seto. The two were alone in the guys' room, accompanied only by an awkward silence. The blonde was pacing the room & trying not to cry like it was a scene from a dumb TV drama.

Finally she spoke.

"I guess teenagers really don't know anything about love," she said, sitting down on one of the beds. Seto shifted uncomfortably.

"I shouldn't be too upset, but I am. I guess because I thought it was more than infatuation."

"Love is not a choice, and you can't ignore when feelings change," said Seto, trying to remain calm.

"I know, but just finding out someone's gender isn't really what you thought shouldn't affect anything," said Kano, "and that was really uncalled for. You should've told me you felt that way before you did that." Seto was silent.

Kano stood back up & turned the knob to leave the room. "I guess we aren't a couple, then, at least for the time being," she said, slamming the door behind her.

The blonde made her way across the living room & into the girls' room. She slammed the door just as her eyes were starting to overflow, and was pulled into a tight embrace. Since it was only Kido in the room, she let herself melt into it & release her emotions into the slightly taller girl's shoulder.

"Sorry," she said when she had stopped crying for the most part. Kido said nothing, just continued hugging her & rubbing her back. They stood like this for another moment before stepping back and sitting on the bed behind them.

"The rest of the trip's gonna be awkward. I don't think the majority of the dan was cool with me being trans to begin with, so they'll obviously take Seto's side," she said.

"Well, that was pretty awful for someone to do," Kido said sympathetically.

"Yeah. Wanna turn on the TV?" asked Kano.

The green-haired girl complied without hesitance. The two shifted so that they were lying on the bed the way they were the night before. Kido flipped through all the channels before settling on one of those bizarre game shows you'd see on an American "top 10 weirdest" list.

"Kido, I'd like to see you on one of those," Kano said.

"Yeah, like that'll happen," the other girl responded, her cheeks flushing lightly.

"I dunno, I think you'd make a pretty good show," said the blonde. Kido glared back at her.

The two turned their heads as they heard Momo opening the door that led to the bathroom. Her hair was dripping wet and she was in clean clothes.

"One of you can go now," she said, motioning towards the shower.

"Go ahead," said Kido to Kano.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I don't mind."

With that, Kano went to her suitcase and selected what she wanted to wear for the evening. Then she shut herself into the now steamy bathroom and began to undress. The sight of male parts on herself was becoming less painful the more that her chest grew and her body curved. She finally turned on the shower and stepped in as soon as the temperature felt right.

While Kido was showering, Kano blowdried her hair and started doing her makeup. Momo was taking ages with hers, trying to be precise. Considering she was an idol, the ashier blonde didn't blame her.

When all of the girls were ready (including Mary and Takane), they left the bedroom and walked into the living area, only to be met with the sight of all of the boys still in their bathing suits.

"You haven't gotten ready yet? We need to go to dinner now," said Kido, her irritation evident.

"Kido, chill out, it's only 6," said Kano. She noticed as Seto shifted uncomfortably.

"I'll shower after Hibiya finishes, he's in there now," he said, getting up and going into the boys' room.

Shintaro followed. "I don't plan on showering."

"Well, hurry up," said Kido.

Half an hour later, the group was waiting for their food at a restaurant. Seto and Kano sat on opposite sides of the table, with the blonde positioned between Kido and Haruka, and across from Mary.

"Why do they keep it so cold in these places?" Kido whined, pulling the sleeves of her hoodie further over her hands in an attempt to keep warm.

"Maybe you're just super cold-natured, especially considering how you're always wearing a hoodie in the dead of summer," said Seto. Takane, who was sitting on the end of Kano's half of the table, snickered.

Kido shot them a glare, then looked down and smirked. "Says the boy who complains that he's sweltering in the frozen food section of the grocery store," she said, glancing up at the boy. The whole table burst into laughs, and people were now staring at them.

"Sorry, didn't mean to stir everyone up," she yelled to a nearby waitress, who only smiled and gave her a thumbs up.

Soon after, they brought out the food. The majority of it was seafood (Haruka decided he needed both normal and seafood, of course), as they were at the beach.

"I should've done that, maybe then I'd gain weight, shift it, and get boobs faster," said Kano, referencing what was currently in front of Haruka, "but then again, if that were the case, all the girls here would have boobs the size of Momo's." Momo sunk in her chair a bit.

The rest of dinner went smoothly, and nobody really had any issues (apart from Hibiya having immense trouble cracking open crab legs with his weak fingers). Afterwards, they went back to the resort.

Kano, Momo, Takane, and Seto decided they wanted to go swimming. It was 8:30, so there wouldn't be a huge crowd. Kano wasn't looking to create conflict, much less in front of a bunch of people. Nonetheless, she and Seto both happened to want to go swimming.

"Also, don't be upset if Seto acts distant, and don't confront him, either," Kido said to Kano, before the group left the room.

"I won't," she agreed, walking out the door with the group.

They made their way down to the pool and set their things before lining up at the side of the pool to jump in. In no particular order, they jumped/flipped into the surprisingly warm water.

"Anybody wanna play anything?" asked Seto.

"I don't care, we can if you want," said Kano.

"Can you go get that beachball?" asked Momo, "I wanna kick y'all's @$$3$."

Seto grinned before jumping out and returning with the ball. He tossed it to the more reddish blonde, who caught it swiftly.

"Kano and I'll team up," said Takane.

"Alright, I'll side with Momo," replied the boy.

The teams separated and went to their halves of the pool.

"3...2...1...go!" yelled Momo, before serving the ball.

Takane and Seto both went for it, but it flew out of the pool. The boy begrudgingly got out to get it again. Kano tried not to look at how his muscles looked in the moonlight. It's normal after a breakup, she told herself before diverting her attention back to the others.

"Nice going," she said to Momo, laughing.

"I'm not athletic," she replied.

The group heard a splash.

"It's on, now," said Seto, grinning devilishly.

"We'll see about that," Kano replied, jumping to hit the ball going towards her.

--

A/N - just wanted to say happy birthday to Kano 5/10/17, hope you guys are enjoying this xD