Chapter 11

It was a Sunday afternoon in the Candy shop and only a few costumers roamed around in search for a sweet treat to satisfy themselves. Inside, Lillian Knight sat behind the glass counter as she watched a few pairs of tiny children pick out some Bursting Bugots from the shelves.

It was a nice little shop she must admit. It was hidden from muggle eyes and sat right on the corner of Quincy Road. At first, the little parlor wasn't much to look at but after a month or so of working there, Lillian had finally decorated the place much to the brothers requests. The boring beige walls of the shop were transformed into a dreamy mural of art by the young woman. Now when someone walked into the candy shop, they were thrown into outer space. Along the walls were large colorful painted planets magically orbiting each other in the depths of the universe.

Really Lillian had just placed a small charm on her artwork to make it come to life. Now her mural brought many customers to the candy shop, amazed at her talent.

Not to mention, now with the Knight's shop getting more popular in the New York wizarding community, the siblings financial status wasn't dropping anytime soon. The brothers finally could pay back the rent for their flat with plenty left to spare. However, in times like these it was also a smart idea to invest into muggle currency so they could keep up with their community too. So that afternoon, Lillian planned to open her own muggle banking account so she would be prepared here.

Although communicating with muggles was considered a taboo here in the Americas, the Knight siblings didn't find any problem with them. Seeing as they lived in England where the laws for muggles were much lenient, it was just common for them to get along easier. So it didn't come as a surprise when the twins had already made an abundance of muggle friends. Or , No-Majs, as they call them in America.

As a few more customers came in, Lillian realized today was going to be a slow day. As she waited for people to check out, she continued to draw in her sketchbooks to pass the time. As she got lost in the pages, she suddenly realized the different things she was drawing. Little images of the magical beasts from her school years were scattered around the page and she sighed loudly. Closing the book, she placed it under the counter and put on a smile as another kid came up to pay for his candy.

Minutes later, Jason came out from the back of the shop, fixing his collar and looking over at his sister. "Hey Lily, you can leave early if you need too, there's not much to do today." He told her, patting her shoulder. Lillian was thankful and gave him a hug before grabbing her hand purse. The small bag had an extension charm on it for her to easily carry around much more than needed.

Giving him a small kiss on the cheek as he took her place, she walked around the counter and left out the door. The bustling city environment hit her again as she was pulled into a steady pace down the sidewalk. She only had to walk seven blocks to the nearest bank and it was nice weather that day. Well, New York had much better weather than Britain as it was almost always cloudy and raining there.

After weaving through the people and crowd in the street a few times, she had arrived at what she believed was the bank. The large while building had a large set of marble stairs leading up to it, and it seemed a large crowd gathering around a woman. As curious as Lillian was to see what the fuss was about, she had to stay on track. Walking up the steps, she thanked the heavy set man who held the door open for her like a gentleman.

Inside, the large bank, there were many busy lines full of people ready to get out of there. Sighing, Lillian clutched her purse and walked up to what seemed to be the shortest line. After a few minutes of waiting and the line barely even moving at all, Lillian became increasingly frustrated because she was hungry and wanted to get out of there as soon as she could.