Chapter 12

The quick pull of apparating put Lillian into a daze. Through her confusion though, she was tugged behind a brick wall and was faced with a woman in a pale blue coat and red rosy cheeks.

"Who are you?" The American woman demanded as she observed the wizard and witch standing before her. She was slightly out of breath, her face configured with disbelief of such idiots. Newt leaned up against the wall and blinked a few times while Lillian was on the floor muttering under her breath. When she tried pulling herself up she slipped back onto the concrete hurting her rear end.

Newt reached down and hooked his hand under her arm to help her stand back up like any gentleman would. While Lillian did appreciate the chivalry, she pulled her arm away quickly from his grasp and refused him. Newt finally caught up to what was happening and addressed the lady standing in front of them, staring at them incredulously. " I'm sorry." He said in a tone that was all too nice for this kind of situation. After the woman repeated her question again, he responded with a simple" Newt Scamander, and you are?"

"What is that in your case?" She lady asked exasperatedly, too bothered to know the name of the witch standing by them.

"Oh, why that's my niffler." Newt responded calmly. Choosing to carefully watch his former classmate who was cupping her head in frustration.

Lillian was panicked. She shouldn't be in this sort of situation. All of a sudden her entire past just hit her in the face like a quaffle and she's being apparated left and right with no warnings. She was supposed to be opening a bank account and- and getting some eggs and milk tonight for her brothers. But now there's Scamander. Scamander of all the people who could have followed her to New York!

Pulling his attention back to the unknown witch, Newt was about to point of a small bit of mustard on the her face but she cut him off "-Why in the name of Deliverance Dane did you let that thing loose?" She asked giving the wizard with sort of pleading eyes.

"I-I didn't mean to." He stuttered quickly, avoiding eye contact.

"You couldn't have picked the worst time to set a creature loose!" She cried, "I'm taking you in." She declared, pulling her badge out.

Lillian finally inserted herself into the conversation, physically taking hold of Newt's arm to make him face her. "Now look here, I am not being dragged into anything else because of you Scamander." Lillian's voice was harsh and unlike anything Newt remembered back then. Well honestly, he couldn't blame her after what he has done.

"Both of you are coming with me to MACUSA." The worker corrected, shoving her badge back and fixing her coat. "Both of you were handling the creature and at the scene of the crime." Lillian sighed, defeated knowing she shouldn't be fighting a wizard officer. Or whatever this witch was. "Please tell me you took care of the no-maj?" She asked.

Lillian already knew what the woman was talking about and the sudden realization of how much trouble they could be in already came to her. They didn't get to obliviate the muggle and now he could expose the wizarding world. Okay the chances of that are low and people wouldn't believe him but there are still many things that could go wrong.

However Newt was still confused as to what the woman was saying," The what?" He said stupidly.

" The muggle Newt, they call them no-majs is America." Lillian sighed again, running a hand through her hair. "No we didn't obliviate the guy. He attacked and then ran away." She admitted.

The woman looked disappointed in us. "And your name is?" She asked.

"Lillian Knight."

"This is a section 3-A, I have to take you two in." She told us. She took hold of both of our arms and apparated away.