Find A Way

Weeks passed and the Japanese leg of the tour began to wind down. They arrived in Tokyo on a perfect day, the sun shining gloriously onto the city.

"Yes, Mom, I'm doing fine," Emily said, cradling her phone between her shoulder and her cheek. "We just got to Tokyo."

"Take lots of pictures! Maybe I can use them to convince your father to take me to Japan next year."

Emily hefted her bag back onto her shoulder. "That'll be the day," she mumbled, tugging her suitcase behind her. The airport was busy enough, but there were BIGBANG fans lining the walkways and going crazy as they walked by. The guys took their time with them, making little progress through the airport.

"What's all that noise?" her mother asked. "It sounds like a riot."

"You aren't far off," Emily replied, glancing at the excited fans. "It's just some fans here to see the band. There's always a few whenever we land somewhere."

Daesung noticed Emily struggling with her suitcase and grabbed it, pulling it behind him easily. Emily smiled and shook her head. "Mom, can I call you later? I can barely hear you and we've got a busy morning ahead of us."

"Of course, honey. I love you!"

"Love you too," Emily replied, hanging up. She stuck her phone into her pocket. "Thanks, Daesung, but I think I can manage now," she said, taking the handle of her suitcase.

"So have you and Jiyong..." he trailed off, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Daesung!" Emily gasped, smacking him.

"What? I was going to say 'have you and Jiyong spent any time together?'," he said, rubbing his arm.

"Oh," Emily said, feeling sheepish. "Not any more than usual. Sagowa asked us not to, remember?"

"I didn't realize you were such a stickler for rules," Daesung muttered. They walked outside to the curb where a car waited for them.

"It's one of my best qualities," she replied, climbing into the car. She went to the backseat, choosing a window seat as the guys climbed in behind her. Seungri sat beside her, pulling his mask down with a sigh. "Fans are awesome," he said, throwing a casual arm around Emily's shoulders. Emily caught Jiyong watching her in the passenger mirror and she winked at him. "Yeah, awesome," she agreed, looking out her window. There were still fans lining both sidewalks, holding up signs and waving frantically at the car as it pulled away.

Their hotel was large and beautiful, decorated with immaculate marble columns and gleaming granite walls. "This will be one of the best shows of the entire tour," Seungri announced as they walked to the elevators.

"How do you know?" Emily asked, pressing the up button.

"It just always is," Seungri said, stepping into the open elevator. "Tokyo has this weird magic surrounding it. We always have an amazing time whenever we're here."

"I didn't know you were such a romantic," Emily said, watching the floor numbers tick by.

"Don't tell anyone, I have an image to maintain," he sniffed. Everyone laughed as the doors opened and they stepped out into the hallway. Daesung patted his pockets. "Where's my-"

"Room key?" Emily finished, waving the card at him. "Sagowa gave it to me for safekeeping."

"I'm perfectly capable of keeping up with my own key," Daesung said, taking the key from her.

"Says the man who dropped his last one down an elevator shaft," Youngbae commented.

"That was one time," Daesung grumbled, entering his room.