Famous

Jiyong's second show in Milan was even more packed than the first, and as Emily watched him perform she repeatedly found herself reaching for her notebook. Old habits die hard, she thought, clasping her hands together instead.

"Signora!"

Emily turned around and saw Francesca De Luca barrelling toward her with a rather terrified brunette girl in tow. "I was told you congregate here," she said, waving a bejeweled hand around carelessly.

"I... well..." Emily tried to think of something to say. "You got tickets, then?" she said lamely.

"And backstage passes, thanks to Jiyong," Francesca said airily. "I thought you'd be closer to the sidestage?"

"It's nearing the end of the set, which makes it rather crowded," Emily replied. "Who's your friend?"

"Vannozza," Francesca said disinterestedly. Emily peeked around her and smiled at the girl. "Hi, I'm Emily," she said kindly.

The girl took a step forward, then glanced at Francesca. She has no idea how to manage her, Emily realized. Jiyong's last song started and she thought quickly. "Seon Tuk," she called.

The burly bodyguard hurried over and gave a curt bow. "Ma'am?"

"Take Signora De Luca to the lounge, and make sure she's well supplied with champagne until Mr. Kwon is ready."

Seon Tuk nodded and gestured for Francesca to follow him, but she seemed unwilling to go. "What about Jiyong?" she whined. "I thought-"

"Mr. Kwon will be finished soon and will meet all of his guests after changing," Emily said sweetly. "Please, enjoy yourself until then."

Francesca followed Seon Tuk away and Emily motioned Vannozza over. "How did you do that?" the girl said wonderingly.

"I was going to ask you the same thing," Emily murmured. "This show was already sold out before Francesca knew about it. How did she end up coming with you?"

"My friend Carlotta and I were going to go together, but Francesca offered her a lot of money for her ticket," she shrugged. She seemed genuinely disappointed in her friend and Emily felt bad for her. "Well Vannozza, you're about to get a rare treat," she said, ushering the girl through the doors.

"What do you mean?"

"Mr. Kwon usually sees all of his backstage guests in the lounge after the show, but you will get to meet him first," Emily explained.

"Me?!" Vannozza exclaimed. "But... but how?"

"I'm his wife," Emily said with a grin, "so I can make all kinds of things happen."

They made it backstage just as the lights went down and Jiyong ran into the wings. "Has anyone seen my water bottle?" he called, wiping his face with a towel.

"Here sir-"

"I'll take your mic-"

"Where's Hae Soo? Encore is in two minutes!"

"Wait here," Emily said, stationing Vannozza on a stool before wading through the crowd to Jiyong. "Hey," he said, giving her a sweaty kiss while Hae Soo tried to powder his face.

"Francesca showed up," she whispered.

Jiyong groaned. "And?"

"I need you to do something for me after your encore."

He raised an eyebrow. "For Francesca?"

"Thirty seconds!" someone called.

"Just go and I'll explain after," she said, giving him a shove.