Longing For Love

Kyungmi was getting ready to go to the castle, since the church is asking her to deliver some items to Queen Yoora. After ending her shift, Father Song gave Kyungmi the basket and says, "This is to be delivered to the Queen immediately, but no matter what happens, do not look in it."

"Got it sir," Kyungmi says as she gets on her horse, Loki. She puts her cloak on since it will get cold in the night, and takes off. Going through the forest, Kyungmi sees Poro fly by to lead her to the castle. After letting Loki rest by the gate, Kyungmi says, "Stay here with Poro, Loki. I won't take long."

Kyungmi is escorted by guards as she is lead to Queen Yoora's throne. She bows before her and says, "I brought your delivery Queen Yoora." "Thank you fair maiden," Yoora says, "and might I say you are very beautiful." "Thank you Your Highness," Kyungmi says.

When Kyungmi is about to leave, Yoora says, "Wait. How about you stay and have dinner? You look like you could use a meal Lady Kyungmi, and tonight is a ball celebrating Prince Chanyeol's 20 birthday."

"I guess I can," Kyungmi says, "and how do you know my name?" "Everyone in the village speaks fond of you," Yoora says. Kyungmi nods as Yoora orders her maids to get Kyungmi into a beautiful ball gown for the occasion. The guard asks, "Um, Your Highness. Why did you invite a stranger to the Prince's birthday?"

"I think she can break the curse to save Prince Chanyeol," Yoora says, " plus, she's no stranger to me and Chanyeol. I remember me and him in the forest when we were younger. As I was drawing I caught him looking at Lady Kyungmi. Everyday, he would go to the forest, even though he doesn't tell me, to look at her. There's something about her that is different from any other maiden in the village."

In a guest bedroom, Kyungmi is getting dressed in beautiful ball gown for the ball:

"There you go Lady Kyungmi. Your hair is done, you're in a beautiful ball gown, I would say you're good to go," the maids say. Kyungmi says, "Thanks. Can I do something real quick before I head to the ballroom?" "Sure thing," the maid says, "If you need help finding the ballroom, just call for someone." She leaves the room as Kyungmi grabs some paper to write a letter to her mother and brother, and calls for Poro. "Here you go Poro, take this to Eomma and Oppa," she says.

As she leaves the room, she walks through the halls of the palace. Kyungmi admires the paintings in the palace, and sees a painting of the former Queen and King. "Lovely couple huh?" a mysterious voice says. Turning around, Kyungmi comes face to face with the man of the night, Prince Chanyeol.

She was blushing when he was in her presence. This man, he's handsome, she thinks, then says, "Um. Um. Hello Your Highness. I'm Do Kyungmi. I-." "I know my lady, Noona told me she was having you come over to bring her a delivery," he says, "and you look beautiful tonight." Kyungmi blushes and says, "I'm flattered." "Shall we go have dinner?" Chanyeol asks, taking her arm.

Nodding, Kyungmi is being escorted to the dining room. She sees the silver cross on Chanyeol's choker and thinks, That choker looks familiar. I think I saw it on the wolf that scared me yesterday. Chanyeol pulls out a chair and has Kyungmi sit down. The cooks bring out the dinner.

Kyungmi silently eats while admiring the handsome prince before her. How lucky am I to be eating with the handsome prince of Korea, Kyungmi thinks, he's so mysterious, yet so genuine. "Do I have something on me Lady Kyungmi?" Chanyeol says. Kyungmi shakes her head as she looks down.

Chanyeol takes her hand and says, "Shall we dance my lady?" She nods and takes his hand. They go to the ballroom and begin to dance. Kyungmi looks into his eyes while everyone looks at them. "My you have lovely eyes," Chanyeol says, "I can see you have eyes that long for something."

"Sometimes I long for the right person to come along and sweep me off my feet, but so far, nothing came along my path," Kyungmi tells the prince.

Chanyeol says, "I know the right person will come your way someday. We all long for something as precious as love." Yoora looks at her brother and thinks, Seeing my brother with the fair maiden of the village warms my heart. I hope she doesn't find out the secret.

Once they were done dancing, Chanyeol leads Kyungmi to his balcony. "The night is so lovely," Kyungmi says, "sometimes I would come out into the forest to get things that stress me out of my mind. It comforts me." "I guess that's something we have in common," Chanyeol says.

Kyungmi says, "Some people thought it was silly for me to do so, but I go there because it makes me think of the memories me and my brother had with my father before he passed away." "So what, we all have things that make us happy," Chanyeol says. Just then, Kyungmi looks at the painting of her by his bed. "Such lovely paintwork you have," Kyungmi says, "this looks like me."

"I guess there are times when I do go to the forest and I see you," Chanyeol says, "it just gave me inspiration to paint this piece I dubbed 'Maiden of the Forest.'" "It's better than anything I've ever created," Kyungmi says. She then bids farewell as she gets changed and goes to her horse and says, "Sorry it took long Loki. But hey, I got you some bread. You must've been starving."

Loki eats the bread and Kyungmi gets on him. She puts on her cloak and then goes back to the village. Just as she leaves, Kai follows her on his horse and stops her dead in her tracks.