Secrets in the Night

After stopping Kyungmi, Kai gets off his horse and goes to her. "Greetings my lady," says Kai, "you look gorgeous under the moonlight." "What do you want this time Kai?!" Kyungmi asks the village ladies' man. Kai bows and says, "I just thought I would come by and check out the forest."

Hoping off Loki, Kyungmi says, "Oh cut the crud Kai! You were waiting for me to get finished with making the delivery." "And getting close to the prince," Kai says, "I saw you on the balcony with Prince Chanyeol, Kyungmi. Something tells me you and him were trying to be more than friends." He then tries to kiss Kyungmi.

"Get off me!" she says, pushing him off, "Even if that was what went on, I wouldn't have a problem with it. At least Prince Chanyeol is nice, calm, caring, and doesn't think about himself. You wouldn't know that because of how selfish you are, jerk!" Kai grabs Kyungmi's arm before she could get on her horse.

"Not so fast," Kai says, taking the rope from the saddle pouch on Loki's saddle, and tied her hands. As she struggles, Kyungmi yells, "What the hell?! Let me go you jerk, I don't love you!" "I will make sure you do," Kai says, putting her and himself on his horse, Lance, and says, "Giddy up Lance!"

They went off as Kyungmi screams, "Help! HELP! I'M BEING KIDNAPPED!" "Shut up you! Or else I won't treat you to a night of passion," Kai says. Kyungmi made bird noises to have Poro warn Queen Yoora, and then gets a handkerchief shoved into her mouth. Kai says, "That'll shut you up!"

Just then, a wolf with a jewel encrusted black collar stopped Lance in his track, knocking Kai and Kyungmi off of him. Lance runs off to the village in fear. Soon, the wolf corners Kai into a nearby trees as it growls at him. Kai pulls out his dagger and tries to fight the wolf. He ends up stabbing the wolf in its back one time.

Kyungmi runs to Kai and kicks his dagger out of his hands. Soon, the wolf bites into the bindings to free Kyungmi. Now she pulls the handkerchief out of her mouth and tries to flee, but Kai tackles her into the ground. However, the wolf throws Kai off of Kyungmi, growls and chases him out of the forest.

The wolf was limping to the cave. As Kyungmi follows it, the wolf growls at her, but was whimpering. Before she left, Kyungmi saw the silver cross that she saw on Prince Chanyeol as the wolf brought it close to his collar and he transforms into his true self. It was Prince Chanyeol. Kyungmi gasps as he turns around with his eyes turned red.

She was wanting to run, but the prince grabs her by the hand and yells, "Why didn't you leave me?!" "But I, you were just. You got stabbed while saving me," Kyungmi says. Prince Chanyeol wince and says, "But you know my secret. I can't allow you to tell anyone this or else, they'll murder me. Murder me the same way they murdered the former queen and king, my parents."

Kyungmi calls for Loki so she can get some medical supplies and says, "The couple in the painting?" "Yes," he says, "when I was nine years old, I was playing in the forest at night, and was wanting to pick some flowers. But then, wolves were chasing me, and one bit me while the full moon was out. My parents and sister kept it a secret, which costed my parents their lives for concealing this information, since half man half beasts weren't loved by anyone. I could be a potential threat one day."

"But you saved me, how could you be a potential threat," she asks. Prince Chanyeol says, "Anger is what drives my wolf instincts. So the angrier I get, the more my wolf instincts grow and I transform. I just couldn't allow a selfish person like Kai to just up and kidnap you like that-. Argh!"

Kyungmi takes some water and cleans the wound. Then she grabs her handkerchief to put into the prince's mouth, so he wouldn't scream, as she starts stitching up the wound. He growls as his claws and fangs begin to show up. After she is done, Kyungmi takes off Chanyeol's shirt to bandage his back. She helps him to the castle so he can get some rest. Yoora sees them at her throne and heard what happened.

"So you found out my brother is a wolf?" Yoora asks. Kyungmi nods and says, "I didn't know until he got his cross. I was being kidnapped when your brother turned into a wolf to save me. He got hurt while doing so, therefore, I knew I had to return the favor." "Forgive her Noona, since she was concerned for my well being," Chanyeol bows before his sister.

"Hm, seeing that she didn't mean any harm, and stitched up your stab wound as well, I will," Queen Yoora says, "but I can't have her returning to the village with this knowledge. So she has to stay with us until your curse is broken younger brother." Chanyeol says, "Thanks." He then winces in pain while placing a hand on his back.

The maids come and take the prince to his room. Yoora says, "I know you would be concerned about your widowed mother, older brother, boss, and fellow villagers. I had your pet bird, Poro, send them all letters so they'll know you'll be working here for a while. The maids will show you to your room. You can take a bath after gathering some clothes provided in your room."

Kyungmi was escorted to her room and sees a beautiful silk night gown set out for her so she can freshen up. She went to the washhouse to wash her hair and body. Then, Kyungmi sinks into the bath with her towel on, and sighs in relief, saying, "This is relaxing. It's better than the bathhouse at home." Just then, she saw the prince dip down into the tub with his towel on next to her.

Kyungmi opens her eyes while turning red and says, "Chanyeol?! Why are you in here?!" "Can't a prince take a bath? Besides, I didn't think you would take a bath this early," the prince says, "I just hope you aren't terrified of me." Kyungmi says, "Of course not. You didn't try to harm me like Kai did. Plus, you save me. You have a kind heart Prince Chanyeol."

"I heard you say that. Yeah, as one of my wolf traits, I can hear anything from anyone at any distance," Chanyeol says, "and plus, you were screaming when I growled at you yesterday." "That's because I didn't know it was you, plus I figured it was because I startled you," Kyungmi tells him, "and I knew you were kind hearted since I saw the real you at your birthday ball. You probably think it's because you're scared of hurting or killing others if you were enraged."

Prince Chanyeol says, "Just be careful when you're living here with me, okay? I'm saying this because I don't want you to get hurt because of me." "I won't tell anyone your secret, even while I do live here and after you're free of the curse," Kyungmi says, while smiling.

Chanyeol blushes and thinks, Her smile. It's similar to when I first saw her. I think I can trust her with my secret. I feel as if she is the one who can free me. They continued to bathe together until they get ready for bed.