A Little At A Time

Kai was drinking heavily at the bar, still upset that the wolf stopped him from having Kyungmi. "What's wrong Kai Oppa?" a village girl says to Kai, as she cuddles into his arm with the other village girls. These girls admire Kai. Another girl says, "It must be that maiden, Do Kyungmi, huh? It aches me to know that she doesn't see how amazing you are Kai Oppa!"

"Then again, it kind of makes me happy because it's one less rival to deal with," a different girl tells him. Sehun, Kai's best friend, says to him, "I'm sure you'll get her Hyung." "I hope so," Kai says, "but I got attacked by a wolf wearing a black collar covered in jewels as I was taking Kyungmi on a horse ride with Lance." "That explains the ripped clothes," Sehun says, "and the fact you ran back to the village."

Banging his mug against the bar table, Kai says, "I will make her mine no matter what! And I will murder that wolf if it tries to hurt me again while I seduce Kyungmi. I'm just glad that damn prince isn't trying anything to capture her heart." He continues to drink as the girls continue to gather around him at the bar.

(kingdom)

Kyungmi was doing the laundry and tidying the rooms up with the other maids. As she was in Prince Chanyeol's room, she notices a door that says "Music Room" and enters. "Maybe there's something that needs cleaning in here," she says. As she looks around, Kyungmi sees an open journal that has writing in it rather than music.

"Is that like a diary?" Kyungmi asks. When she was looking at the page, Prince Chanyeol bursts in and says, "Why are you in my music room?! This is off limits!" Kyungmi gets startled, bowing, as she says, "Sorry! I was done cleaning your room and figured this was another room that needed to be cleaned."

He picks up his journal, closes it in anger, and says, "I know I left this open, but do not read this." "I'll leave," she says, but Chanyeol grabs Kyungmi's hand, saying, "Sorry. It's just I like to keep my personal places personal, like the cave in the forest. How about I play you some music since you might feel worn out from cleaning all day."

Chanyeol sits at his piano and begins playing and singing a song. Kyungmi was blushing as she heard his harmonic voice, thinking, He is such a great singer and musician. Chanyeol may be aggressive sometimes, but he has a kind heart. Am I falling in love with a wolf prince? When he gets done playing, they go out into the forest on their horses, Loki and Lily.

Kyungmi picks some grasses with yellow flowers to feed Loki and tells the prince, "Grasses with yellow flowers are what I feed Loki. The nectar of the yellow flowers are very essential in nutrients. I use the flowers' nectar to make herbal tea, both for drinking and healing."

"I see you have a lot of experience in medical care," Chanyeol says. Kyungmi explains, "I assisted my mother at the clinic as a child and teenager. I sometimes did it when I wasn't working for the village pastor, Father Song. I'm usually the go to at the village when people get sick, injured, or wounded." "So generous," Chanyeol says, "No wonder why you're such an expert when you stitched my wound up. Do you think you can see what's wrong with Lily? She hasn't been feeling well for months and I don't know why."

She bends down by Lily's stomach, placing her ear on her side, and says, "Did you or your sister ever read books on horses and what happens when they have babies?" "She's pregnant?" he asked. Kyungmi nods as she hops on Loki's so her, Chanyeol, and Lily can get to the barn.

Kyungmi helped Lily deliver two colts, a male colt and female colt. "So precious," says Prince Chanyeol, "birth is really a magical moment." "Do you have any names in mind?" Kyungmi asks. "Yeongmi and Chansuk," says Chanyeol, "after my parents. My father actually got Lily for me when she was a colt. Since both my parents got executed, I've been wanting a piece of them to remember. I guess Lilly gave me just that."

"Those are such great names," Kyungmi says, "My father gave me Loki for my birthday when I was seven, and he actually named him for me as one of my birthday requests. Loki was actually my father's nickname, so having Loki with me helps me remember my father."

Petting Yeongmi, Chanyeol says, "Should we pick berries for tonight's dinner together? My sister taught me about botany when I was a child. So I can help you find good berries." "Okay, hero," Kyungmi says with a smile.

They were both blushing as they hoped on Loki, letting Lily rest, as they went to the forest to pick berries. As Kyungmi picks the last batch of berries for their basket, she sees Chanyeol has a batch of lilies in his hand and says, "For helping me, Noona, and Lily, I picked these for you." "How did you know lilies were my favorites?" Kyungmi asks. Chanyeol says, "Well. I named my horse Lily since it was my mother's favorite flower. Noona says lilies, next to roses, are flowers that brings out a woman's beauty."

"Thank you though," Kyungmi says, "Let's go before night falls. I have a hunch Kai might try to hurt me again." "I know," he says, "and if he tries anything with you, I will make sure to protect you. Let's go feed Yeongmi and Chansuk, okay?" Nodding, Kyungmi hops onto Loki with Chanyeol behind her. They ride to the kingdom with the berries and lilies.

As the maids were cooking, and Kyungmi and Chanyeol feed the horses and colts, Yoora looked out her window at her brother and says, "Nothing warms my heart more than seeing my brother happy." She hears a noise in the jewel encrusted box and looks inside it. Yoora had a second cross to see how close Chanyeol's curse will be to an end.

The cross was clear to begin with, but fills with a sparkly red potion as Chanyeol falls in love. So far, it was already a little past the middle of the cross, since Chanyeol has been in love with Kyungmi since he was a child. "It's almost over," Yoora says while looking at the cross, "just a little more at a time, Chanyeol's curse will be broken. And he will no longer suffer the pain he's been through. You can do it younger brother."