ichi

'move outta the way fag'
choi youngjae heard a familiar voice behind him as he walked through the halls. the way normally went to second period was packed like a can of sardines, and today was no different. he turned around with furrowed brows, wondering if they were talking to him.

'yeah im talking to you, choi younggay' im jaebum mocked. youngjae had no idea why this guy decided one day, he was gonna torment the younger for what seemed like the rest of his life since middle school.
he just frowned and went back to minding his own business, knowing it was smarter to just not respond to him and possibly get in trouble.

once the hallway started to clear out, youngjae sped up so that he wouldn't be too late. however, his ankle was pushed by someones shoe and caused him to fall to the floor. he caught himself with his hands, only a few scrapes on his palm. he looked up to the culprit and it was the same boy with slicked back hair and too many ear piercings, whistling his way to class.

-

the blonde boy didn't have many friends. in fact, he only had one, mark tuan.
mark had been his best friend since the beginning of high school because youngjae had no friends and mark just moved from california to korea, meaning he was friendless too. no one wanted to be his friend because they thought he was a 'bad' kid from america, and wasnt korean.
youngjae wouldnt know where he'd be without mark, the american was always there for him and vice versa. youngjae helped mark with korean and mark helped youngjae with english.

and today, mark was youngjae's shoulder to cry on. he normally wouldnt let jaebum get to his head, but these days he really wondered what he did to deserve being a target of im jaebum.

'he... he called me a fag,' youngjae said through shallow breaths as he laid his head on mark's not-so-cushiony shoulder, both sitting in a secluded area of the school's quad.'and when i was walking he tripped me, and it hurt like hell...' he continued. a single tear slipped through his eye and mark brought up his arm to wrap around youngjae's shoulders.

'i'm sorry i wasn't there, jae. i wouldve beat his ass if i was.'

the younger sniffled a giggled,'you're shorter than him, hyung.'

'doesn't mean i cant fight, i took martial arts when i was younger.' mark smiled at youngjae.

the two continued eating their lunch in peace before they were approached by the devil himself, and his little gang.

'aww, look at the two little gay boys.' jaebum sing-songed, his friends laughing at his sides as if his joke was a real good one.

'he's not my boyfriend..' youngjae muttered, not facing away from his food.

'what was that?' jaebum asked mockingly, leaning in next to youngjaes face.

mark couldn't just watch this happen, he was youngjae's best friend. he didnt care if jaebum or his friend were cute, he was getting it.

'what the fuck is your problem?' the eldest asked, standing up from his seat and stood in front of jaebum intimidatingly, which was hard to do considering their size difference.

jaebum just laughed, fucking laughed, with his friends like mark was a joke. 'what are you gonna do about it, faggot?'

and before anyone could stop him, mark threw a sucker punch to jaebum's face, causing everyone to gasp in shock.

'mark!' youngjae yelled, standing up immediately to pull back his only friend who was surely going to get in trouble.