shi

on the way home, youngjae was mostly silent from the thoughts swirling in his head. mark was more than worried because usually the boy would be running his mouth about how jaebum was so dumb for falling for his tricks and was playing in their little game.

the silence was broken once the phone in youngjaes lap rang, the default iphone ringtone.

'minji' it read. youngjae was skeptical of the name, knowing this was jaebums phone and not his. he hesitated to pick up, but mark looked at him as if he was saying to pick it up.

he cleared his throat and tapped 'accept'.

'h-hello?'

'minji, you left your phone here and took mine. i was gonna text you but you have a passcode, so i called my number.'

'oh, sorry hy-oppa.. i mustve taken yours by accident, o-ours looked so similar haha..'

'its okay princess,' youngjae blushed at the pet name. 'just bring it back next time we see each other. wednesday maybe?'

'sure, i'll see you then,' the younger was really wondering how he wasn't stumbling over his words by now.

'oh, and don't look in my camera roll.'

'o-okay..'

and he hung up.

-

'princess?' mark asked youngjae once they arrived at his house, all of the makeup and disguise no longer present.

youngjae flushed. wait, why am i blushing? this prick called me ugly and faggot before but now im his princess? what's wrong with you youngjae?

'um, jaebum and minji might be.. dating now?' he said uncertainly to his best friend.

mark's eyes widened as he exclaimed,'really?! is that why you were all quiet? tell me everythi-'

'okay, okay!' youngjae responded to calm down mark, the older taking a seat next to youngjae on his bed.

'well, he um.. apologized to me?'

'apologized?'

the younger sighed. 'he apologized to minji as if i was youngjae, and i am youngjae, so you can imagine how awkward i felt.

i was expecting some bull..crap but he was kind of sincere? i dont know.' he recited nervously, his thumbs playing with each other.

'..what did he say?'

'he.. he said how he didnt know why he would hurt me and how he'd never do it again.. and that he maybe liked me.'

mark sucked in a breath, his hand covering his mouth in surprised. well, honestly he wasnt that surprised because in all clichés the bully always liked the person theyd bully. but this was real life, and not some cliché.

'you're not gonna forgive him that easily are you, jae-ah? i remember all those days you came to me with bruises on you from him tripping you and 'accidents' he'd cause.. please tell me youre not.' mark said sincerely. he cared so much for the younger and didnt want him hurt for any longer because of im jaebum.