chapter 8 Hawkfrost Leafpaw Tallstar

Hawkfrost Pov

Dawn came to the night-dream Tigerstar faded and I saw a Starclan cat frowning at me, who is it? I sniff the cat's scent and found that she smelt a little like Leafpaw. A sister perhaps? I wait for the cat to become clearer but they stay in the shadows. I sit down with my paws tucked under myself. The cat came closer and I knew it was it was Tigerstar's mother Leopardstripe Tigerstar told me about her! The golden spotted tabby she-cat looked at me with a frown.

"You are treading a dangerous path young Tom, I also I know of your love for Firestar's daughter but one day you must choice: Power or Her. Goodbye, Hawkfrost. Hope Starclan lights your path,"

With that, the she-cat left and I was facing Tigerstar again as if nothing happen but it did I wondered about my plan to work with Tigerstar and still love Leafpaw....if I die now I will never leave this place and I will never see Leafpaw in Starclan....I choose....paws slammed into my side and I blacked out.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Leafpaw Pov

I was awakening from my sleep after a long day and all I wanted was to sleep but looks like Starclan has other plans. I see Spottedleaf looking at me with tear filled eyes, its Hawkfrost I know it he been hurt or worse killed! My thoughts raced out of control I lay down on Starclan's soft grasses when Spottedleaf stroked me with her tail.

"Do not cry young one, your love is not dead....yet.... but remember that love might not be the strongest when there is a lie in the middle of it," "Hawkfrost loves you, Leafpaw but there is a darkness growing inside of him. Maybe you can change him and maybe you can't but I know that he douse love you, just watch your back and your clan. Rest now Leafpaw."

I yawned and closed my eyes again this time into sweet slumber.

Yowls filled my ears like bees; I awoke to see a massive Monster rolling in front of the thorn-tunnel before passing by leaving a wake of crushed plants and prey. I heard Firestar call for a Prey-Pick-Up; Cloudtail, Thornclaw and Brightheart went out to gather what prey they could find. I wanted to gather what herbs I could get but my mentor stopped me.

"Where are you going Leafpaw tonight is the half-moon and we must meet with Starclan; to find out about all these Twolegs?"

I gaze into Cinderpelt's blue eyes and I wondered what happen in her life. I wonder where Hawkfrost is I did not see him last night at the Meeting-Place. With my tail drooping I pad after my mentor when suddenly I feel pain in my belly I yowl out and fall to my side. I writhe in pain my tail thrashing to the left and the right. What is wrong with me? I can feel my chest heaving as I fought for breathe. I felt sick...like I groomed my fur too much and gotten a hairball, but I didn't....what is wrong?

I can see Cinderpelt rushing to my side with herbs in her mouth. I can see my vision fading to darkness.

When I open them I find that I'm in a dark and smelly forest. Great Starclan! It reeks. I gaze at the tall mossy covered trees and I sniff the air taking in more of that stinky and dank air. Then I smell him! Hawkfrost! Why is he here? I pad closer to his sweet scent when I see a massive dark brown tabby with burning amber eyes slapping my love on the shoulder. Drawing blood! I gathered my courage as well as my paws, racing to Tigerstar I slashed my claws down his sleek pelt. The dark tabby yowled and sliced a paw at me but I was too fast dodging it swiftly.

Tigerstar lunges at me but I move out of the way as I'm doing this he slashes my hind legs out from under myself and I fall to the ground.

"Too bad, Kittypet!" he snarled at me as he pinned me down I struggle but he digs in his claws, my heart races as they draw some blood. Then I hear Hawkfrost's yowl, "Let her go, Father!" I crane my neck and see him with all of his fur fluffed out and his ice-blue eyes hard and cold.

I feel Tigerstar freeze and then purr at this out burst from his son? Hawkfrost is his son? So is he the full brother to Brambleclaw or half? I cannot finish my rushing thoughts as I see Hawkfrost stalking to me and Tigerstar.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx Hawkfrost POV

"I said leave her alone," I snarled at him then I leapt high into the air my tail lashing for balance. I bowl him over in a cloud of cloudy dirt; with a cough I place a paw to his neck. "Never hurt a hair on her pelt, Tigerstar or the deal is off," I hiss into his flatted ear. I hope Leafpaw did not hear that. I scratch his muzzle hard, making him yowl in pain. "That's right mange-brain fear me!" I yowl as he runs away. Turning to Leafpaw I can see the blood running down her shoulder as the blood run downs mine. "I-I... How did you get here inside this Dark Forest?" I can feel her puzzlement at my question.

Don't be mad, my loves please don't. I can't live without you! I would tell you but you would not understand. I look at her pretty pelt gleaming dully in the dim light of the D-F.

'Try me Hawkfrost, I know what you are doing, you want power don't ya?'

Leafpaw! How can I hear you in my mind?

It was a gift I discovered just now, love.

How much of me do you know Leafpaw?

"I know that Tigerstar is your father and that you want power but this way? Do you want us to be together forever or not? Leader yes but of all the clans no, goodbye Hawkfrost until you get your thoughts and plans together then I won't meet you anymore.

Leafpaw no! Please don't leave me! I can't live without you!

"No Hawkfrost, your father tried to kill mine, goodbye."

I watch as my love fades away as she wakes up, leaving an amused Tigerstar watching me with a smirk on his lips. I spit in his direction before waking up also my heart in pieces'.

I see that the sun is high in the sky when I open my eyes. My mind on Leafpaw, will she ever trust me again? Or love me? I find that I don't have the answer to those questions.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Tallstar POV

I watch as my deputy Mudclaw paces back and forth under the dirt hill as I look down on him and the clan. "Cats of Windclan we must keep our ears and eyes open for Crowpaw and Twolegs, I saw where they had gone into Thunderclan land and I've seen them even closer to my clan's camp." I worry that they will take the prey of scare it away. I find that my clan is having a hard time as it is without those mousebrained monsters churning up the moorland. Weaselfur came up to me with a lashing tail, what now you useless lump of fur? "Yes Weaselfur have you found any more trace of Crowpaw?" or that mangy Hawkfrost? You know, Weaselfur if you had been more careful about that prey he would not have seen you, stupid fur ball, carry-on then.

I prick my ears as he rambled about more Twolegs and their monsters. Yes I know that! Anything else of impenitent nature? I shake my head at my senor warrior and he backs away.

Looking at the grasses blowing in the wind I feel like time is running out, I seek out my medicine cat to ask for guidance. I pad over to where I see Barkface sitting in the sun.

"Has Starclan spoken to you old friend?"

"No Tallstar, they have not; but I don't need a sign from Starclan telling us to move I can see it with my own eyes."

"Wise words, Barkface, I too see that,"

I pad away from my Medicine cat with a heavy heart, we must move.

That night in my dreams I see a monster eating the moorland and my clan running from them. I'm jolted awake from sleep with the stench of monsters in my muzzle.

They have come! We must leave the moorland!