chapter 20 Hawkfrost Brambleclaw Firestar

Chapter 20 Hawkfrost Brambleclaw Firestar

****Tigerstar****

"Brambleclaw come here!" I cried to my sleeping son, I could see the wounds on his body from the badgers, my wonderful prodigy. I peer deeper into the DarkPool when I'm about to call out again a shape shimmers into context by my side.

I rear back from the pool, turning to gaze into my reflection, Brambleclaw had come at last.

"You called my father?" his deep voice rumbled, I smile at him my tail flicking from side-to side.

"You fought well, not defending Firestar, letting the badgers rip fives lives from him leaving only one left, and soon you shall strike the final blow and become Clan leader." I see my son drinking my words.

"Why did you not meet Hawkfrost as planned?" I growled at my son.

Brambleclaw lowered his head, "I ran out of time, but I will soon, father."

"Good," "Now during the Badger attack you did well not helping Firestar,"

"Thank you, father, how soon can I kill him and take leadership?" Brambleclaw looked his father in the eye.

I lash my tail, in anger. "Listen, Firestar lost a life to the sickness he had last moon in fact he lost three of his five lives thanks to you taking away his medicine, he was left with 3 lives; then the badger attack was too much and he lost 2 lives. I want you to wait until I tell you, then you may kill him."

I glanced up at the sky that was growing light; dawn must be on its way. "Go home, my son. Meet with Hawkfrost on your own time."

I watch as Brambleclaw fades away back to the clans. Don't fail my son.

****Brambleclaw****

I awake from my dream; I want to kill some cat really bad right now! I curl my lip, but then as I take notice the damage done by the badger I realize that I must help the clan first. So I get up from the shredded nest, the nursery was torn a gaping hole in the roof; the thorn barrier was tossed aside from the entrance of the camp. Great more work. I stalk carefully around the thorns that lay scattered in my path. Cats are already clearing the scene. I see Firestar limping to Cinderpelt's old den. I know that she must be dead; I heard the death screech as the badger broke into the nursery. But when I got closer I got the shock of my life I see Cinderpelt caring for Sorreltail's new kits. How can she be alive when the badgers swarmed I heard her death cry! My paws stopped, I turned from her to gaze into Leafpool's amber eyes.

Leafpool glared at me before stalking over to Cinderpelt. I wanted to turn from her but I keep going as I need to see the damage up close. My tail flicked side to side, the once strong defense was now in tatters, a gaping hole, and sunlight streaming inside onto the mewling kits. I stepped inside to greet the new mother gritting my teeth as Squirrelflight sees me.

"What do you want?" she growls softly, her badger-blood stained fangs bared.

"I can come if I want! I am the Deputy you know!" I snarl softly to her as Cinderpelt came back.

"Brambleclaw, get out of here," Cinderpelt spoke in a low vengeful growl. What does she know? More importantly how much, she should have died, but she did not. Oh well perhaps it's for the best I will need a medicine cat vision to be leader once I kill Firestar soon. I square my broad shoulders, and then I push my way inside with a fake smile on my lips.

Cinderpelt hisses at me her fur bristling with anger, that confirms my thoughts somehow she knows....what I've done!

The nest where scattered about and blood lay dark on the moss, I growled softly, lazy she-cats! They don't care about cleanliness at all. So I gathered up the moss, tucking it under my chin, I go over to Whitepaw and Birchpaw and dump the load at their paws. Fixing them with a stern glare that would make my father proud, I spat at them; "Why have you not done this already!?" The two apprentices lowered their heads in shame, casting sideways glances at eachother. "Well?" I growl.