chapter 15 hawk frost leafpool

Chapter 15 Hawkfrost Leafpool

Leafpaw pov-

The water was red it lapped at my paws staining them. But the mud churned around them washing the blood away. All this blood? Where did it come from? I look up to Spottedleaf. Her pretty face twisted into a snarl; I want to ask her what is wrong but a dark growl is heard in my ear.

"Blood spill blood and all the clans will fall to the darkness unless four becomes two to battle the Blood after the sky returns," I turn from the dark voice to see a pair of amber eyes glare at me. I yowl and lash out my paw to catch whatever is glaring at me only to find it's Brambleclaw! What? I shake my head to clear it when I faint –what is with this? - And find myself back in Starclan with no blood.

I leap to my paw in anger, my tail lashing. "What is the meaning of this?" I yowl to the stars. No reply. Just the mewling of mournful cries of cats, I look at the scene before my eyes. A stream shining gleamed clear and inviting. I feel calm at the sight of the stream. I follow it till I come to a small pool once there I look up to see Spottedleaf and Littlecloud.

"Littlecloud why are you in Starclan?" I ask in shock.

Littlecloud frowns at me, "I'm dead Leafpaw, Hawkfrost killed me, and how can you love him? He is a killer. As are you!" I feel guilt creep into my paws and fur but I glared at Littlecloud, "I love him! I won't leave him! Tell me what of the pool?"

"Dear Leafpaw, that is the place for the leaders and the medicine cats to go, also Shadowclan will have a new medicine cat. Very soon in fact." Littlecloud bowed his head as Bluestar stepped forth, "Leafpaw your love of Hawkfrost has caused some problems in Starclan. Mostly Thunder and River don't want this union to happen. Wind and Shadow don't care, but Starclan is divided on this. Tread careful paws, Leafpaw, as your heart will make you make choices that could end the clans forever. Or make them last on infinitely. Go now tell the other Medicine cats of the Pool."

My vision cleared and I opened them to see Hawkfrost standing over me, what? I glance at Brambleclaw then to Firestar. The leader glanced at me with puzzlement as I looked at my love with wide eyes. A purr formed in my throat as I walked up to him and pressed against him. Not caring if they saw me show affection. "Hawkfrost what are you doing here?" he dipped his head and rubbed my jaw swiftly before replying.

"I came to ask if you and Cinderpelt would mind a warrior tagging along, Mothwing said sure but I had to ask the other cats, I need to speak with Starclan. Can I come?" he looked at me with love and happiness in his ice-blue eyes. But I feel hurt. And I wonder if we will get caught because I planned to walk very slowly next to him and savoring each moment with him.

At that moment Cinderpelt came up to us and dismissed my father who was looking puzzled and Brambleclaw who just looked angry.

"It's time to go, Leafpaw, Hawkfrost if you are coming then follow."

As we all walked to the new moonstone Barkface and Mothwing bounded up with us along with a creamy she-cat. "Who is this?" Leafpaw asked with her eyes wide as she saw Runningnose limping behind the cat. His bleary eyes where runny as well as his muzzle. "She wants to be a Medicine cat for Shadowclan. Her name is Daisypaw; she came from the two-leg nest by the horses. If you must know Starclan spoke to her and showed her the way here." I nod my head and look at Hawkfrost. HIS fur a silver sheen in the half-moon-light, I realized in this moment I do not want to be a Medicine cat, not at all.

The pool shined in the moonlight as we made our way down to it. I felt Hawkfrost fur bristle ling at the sight of pool. We all stood around the pool, Barkface looked at us, with a smile.