chapter 10 Leafpaw Hawkfrost Squirrelpaw

Chapter 10 Leafpaw Hawkfrost Squirrelpaw

Hawkfrost PoV

Dawn came to the forest, casting its soft glow over the water. I dragged my eyes open and frowned it was wet today wetter than I would have liked. What am I? Thunderclan? I grin to myself and walk out the bushes that formed the warriors den. Perhaps I am? I shake my fur and dash into the heavy sprinkle that was forming into rain to the Fresh kill pile in hopes of a mouse and not fish. After I chose a nice looking mouse I gulp it down and make my way to the Thunderclan border there I wait for Leafpaw but she never shows. Then I hear a yowl and I race to the clearing of Fourtrees there I see Twolegs with strange contraptions that they placed down and put food inside them and left. I see Leafpaw walking to one with her tail raised high, she looks awfully skinny, but then I think we all do, my ribs poke me and I have sneaking my fresh kill to her when we meet just because I don't want to lose her.

I watch as she sniffs the cage and places a paw at a time inside the cage. Then all horror falls on my pelt as the door slams shut and I see her face so full of pain and misery. I start run to her when I see that she-cat Sorreltail rush to her friend's side; instead I slam on the brakes and turn away for I know I must not betray us or be seen by Sorreltail...I want to stop...but I don't.

As I get back to Riverclan's camp I see Leopardstar sitting in the center of the Camp with her head lowered in a sad poise. Quickly she leaped onto the high rock and called the clan together.

"Cats of Riverclan, I bring sad news, Mistyfoot is gone and at moonhigh I will appoint a new Deputy until she returns if she does,"

I feel Tigerstar's spirit next to me and I glance at the dark spirit and I feel that I will be deputy at last.

Moonhigh came quickly and I saw Leopardstar sit on the branch and call the meeting together.

"I Leopardstar, say the words before the body or wherever Mistyfoot is and pray that she hears and likes my choice. Hawkfrost will be Riverclan's new deputy!"

My heart is filled with pride as the calls from the clanmates reach my ears and I can hear Tigerstar in my mind telling how good I am. But I wish that Leafpaw was here or that I could tell her, but am sure that she will be fine. But then worry fills my heart and want to race out and try to save her but I can't I hope she can forgive me.

I fall asleep and awake in the Meadow with my father who was sitting in the tall prey filled grass but the mice were but images not prey.

"Greetings, my son and now Deputy of Riverclan, You are that much closer to your Destiny but do you still love that she-cat for if you do you cannot fulfill the Plan I have for you, my son. I have tried to contact Brambleclaw but he won't answer me for he is still in those wretched Tribe-Cats. But my son can be a leader does that path sound good? Or a path of unhappiness? For if you are leader then you can take Leafpaw as your mate as you will change the Warrior Code,"

My father's words sent a shiver of pleasure down my spine, to be leader and have Leafpaw as a mate!

"I accept the Path that you say, father, to have Leafpaw as a mate I will do anything Father,"

Tigerstar purred and dipped his head to me as an equal.

"Good my son,"

"When do we start?"

"Brambleclaw can be a leader also, and to have blood as future Leader to deal with as you please is good also. Let us wait until he returns, come back in a moon, my son. Goodbye." Tigerstar then vanished and I awoke with happiness in my heart. That is until I remember that Leafpaw gone and I wonder if I will see her again. Perhaps we could rule together!