chapter 9 Tallstar forgive? Feathertail

Tallstar PoV

The heat on my fur was unbearable as we ran from the night monsters, "Hurry my clan! To the Rabbit burrows!" I yowl as they stream past me in the panic of a lifetime. My paws fly over the moorland into the dark tunnels of the Rabbit Burrows that my clan in the past used as a training tool.

I feel my breathe rasp in my throat as we all huddle in the largest of the cavern. My sight goes and I lay down. The last thing I hear is that my deputy Mudclaw yowl my name as I lose a life.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (In Starclan

Bluestar looked down at the form of a tall black tom with a very long white tipped tail pad forward as his eighth life walked away and she nudged at the tom.

"Tallstar, awake old friend," she said with a cat frown.

Tallstar awoke and gasped, "I'm I dead now?"

"No Tallstar but you do only have one life left to life but that is no longer a point for the clans must move, for the Twolegs are tearing up the clans land and all must move or die,"

"I understand Bluestar, when the time is right I will approach the other clan leaders."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Tallstar PoV

I awaken to see that the clan wanted to know what had happened but when I look at Barkface he shakes his head. I must lie then, Starclan forgive me! I have only lost my seventh life not my eighth but Starclan gives me very bad news: all the clans must leave or we will all die."

I only hope that the other clans will see it that way before it's too late.

I look at my clan, they were all thin but not too thin for a Windclan cat. We are Warriors we will survive!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx Leafpaw PoV

I woke to find myself in Cinderpelt's den with my father and mother looking at me with worry in their eyes.

"How long have I been out," I asked my mentor with worried amber eyes.

She looked at me with a frown on her lips, "You did not make it to Mothermouth but neither did I; Leafpaw who is Hawkfrost? I know that he is Riverclan's new warrior but what is he to you? Hmm?"

I swallowed hard but I could not tell her that he was my soon to be mate or that Starclan said that is was okay for us to be together or so I thought. But now that I know that he wants power like Tigerstar....Pools of Frost....Leafpaw. What was that? Spottedleaf did you just hear my thoughts?

"Yes my dear. Don't be afraid of Hawkfrost, it is you he loves; not, power...yet...for now be happy with him, please, it's okay you can tell them. Firstar knows of the new prophecy, goodbye."

I knew that I had to tell them but I won't, not yet anyway. I smile at my parents then I looked down at my shoulder...Claw marks covered them! But how? Tigerstar, he scratched me! I shake my head and gather my paws underneath myself. I stumble then charge out of the den to the Riverclan border, once there I sit on the border and cry.

I feel like my heart is tearing in two places, as I sit on the border, should I forgive him or not? I shake my head. I lie down and think.

Time passed and I realized that I was being silly; if Hawkfrost loves me then no Power crazed tom was going to change that! With this thought I march over the border and to Hawkfrost.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hawkfrost PoV

I lay down with my head on my paws feeling pain in my heart, but I know what I want and that Leafpaw, Power can wait. I rise to my paws and rush out of camp ignoring the gasped of annoyance from my clan mates. "Hawkfrost where are you going?" Mouse dung! Mothwing was rushing after him, "What now Mothwing?" I growl low in my throat at her and she freezes and turns away. I smile to myself, "Fish brain," I trot out of the camp and into the woods. I come to a low rise that gives me a good view of Thunderclan and I can see Leafpaw! What? Why is she dashing into my land?

With a purr I race to meet her.

We meet half way, more like we crashed into each other in a tangle of fur, tail and legs.

"Eafpaw, Get off!" my voice muffled by her fur in my face.

"Sorry but...." I look at her as she trailed off and untangled herself from me, to glare at whom? Me of course! The Fish brained she-cat is glaring at me!

"Why are you glaring at me?"

"You better like me more than Power, Hawkfrost! And I mean it this is your one chance to get me back! Choice your next's words very wisely." She growls at me baring some of her teeth.

My mind was in a fog, I wanted power, yes but I want Leafpaw more! I can hear Tigerstar screech in my mind as I bury my muzzle into her chest fur, enjoying her sweet scent.

"You! My Love I want you!" I yowl to the sky! Then I hear paw-steps coming the direction that I ran from. I look to see Leopardstar and Firestar glaring at us.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Leafpaw PoV

Shock filled my pelt as he pressed his muzzle into my chest fur.

"You mean that Hawkfrost?" I ask warily looking into his handsome ice-blue eyes.

"I do, Leafpaw," he rasps my ear with his tongue and I lean against him.

A soft purr rises in my throat but is cut short at the arrival of my father and Riverclan's leader. I gulp and back away from Hawkfrost, who holds up a paw as if it was hurt.

"A thorn, in my paw, Leopardstar," he mews sheepishly. My whiskers twitch. And I turn around and low-and-behold I find a thorn, a long silver one. Poking it into my paw a get blood on it then spit it out in front of the leaders.

"I saw him limping, and I am a Medicine cat, you know!" I hiss. My pelt felt hot as I met Firestar's burning eyes.

Leopardstar glared at her warrior, "You snarled at a Medicine cat Hawkfrost your own sister! Why?" I watch as Hawkfrost seemed to shrink under the harsh glare of his leader but my eyes were drawn back to Firestar who wanted his own answers.

"Let's go home Leafpaw," his voice was firm. I had no choice but to follow my leader, with one last look at my love I left but my mind and heart was in the stars.

He loves me more than Power! Thanks are to Starclan!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Feathertail PoV

Stormfur held his head high as I watched the tribe cats snarl at him for they thought he was the silver cat but I am and I know that the deathberries in the mouse won't work, I can feel it in my marrow that Sharptooth will be here soon and that the Blood trail set down by Talon is too late for even now I can hear the voices of Starclan.

The cats are in a frenzy of panic for Sharptooth has rushed into the cave and I can see that the clan cats have found hiding places except Crowpaw, my love. I see Sharptooth leap for him and I tell my brother that now I know.

"This is for me to do, I'm the cat in the Prophecy!" so I leap up onto the pointy stones that where on the ceiling, digging in my claws I dislodge it and it falls down along with me onto the Lion-Cat. I hear the death snarl of Sharptooth as I fall onto my back I can hear it crack my eyes roll into my head and know that I will die but then I see Crowpaw and I smile weakly as he nuzzles me.

"Think you have nine-lives, do you? I saved you once, don't make me save you again," I cough up blood and I can feel it ooze out of my nose coating my whiskers. I wheeze in my last breath to speak more to Crowpaw. I tell him to go back and save the clans and that I will see him in Starclan. I give up my last breath and join Starclan.