House Mates: Six

Sorry! Been busy busy and my Muse has been flaky. but here's chapter six!

I want to thank everyone that has fallen in love with Ryan and Sagan, they wouldn't be anyone without you guys! :D

Xavier, Ryan's hell raising, mischief making, loveable best friend --------->

Enjoy my lovely readers :)

                         -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sagan

     An insistent banging on my door forced my eyes open. Rolling over, light glowed from under my curtain, and my alarm clock read 9:56 am. Suddenly, my door burst open accompanied by the heavy banging of something hitting a pan.

     Bolting upright, I screamed, “What the hell Ryan? It’s bad enough I woke up late, but this…” I trailed off as I realized it wasn’t Ryan.

     A man holding a wooden spoon and a cooking pot was standing in my doorway, a grin that bespoke his love of making others miserable on his face.

     “Who the hell are you?” I said dumbly. The man just laughed in a deep baritone that seemed to rumble through the room and invited you to join in his amusement. After a few seconds though he finally offered up his name, “I’m Xavier, Ryan’s best friend.”

     He leaned against the door frame, a relaxed pose that immediately had my hackles up. I judged him to be about 6’ 2” and slim but muscled. He wore what looked like Levi jeans and a form fitting t-shirt. As I lay in bed trying to figure out what the hell to do, Ryan made his appearance by looking over Xavier’s shoulder.

     Xavier finally broke the silence that had followed his introduction by saying, “So, sleepyhead, you gonna introduce yourself? I don’t believe we’ve met before.”

     Ryan snorted over his shoulder then shoved past him. “Oh shut up Xavier, you know damn good and well who this is.”

     His wicked grin was back as he responded, “Ah yes, he’s the hot piece of ass that’s been making you chase your own tail for the past two years. I seem to recall that much.”

     Ryan’s reply was short and brutal, “You just wished you had this hot piece of ass.”

     To my amazement, Xavier burst out laughing and said, “Nah man, I’m quite happy with Reese and you know that.”

     All I got out of that was that I think I was complimented and that Xavier was also gay. Dropping back onto my pillows, I grabbed one and covered my face in an attempt to delude myself into thinking they were just going to go away.

     Of course not, life was never so simple. The blankets were ripped off of me and rough hands grabbed my ankles before I could do anything. On instinct, I jerked upright and threw a wild punch, only to watch as it nailed Xavier directly in the jaw. Xavier stumbled back and looked at me with disbelief. Then he turned to Ryan who was still standing in the doorway fighting a smile.

     “He hit me.”

     Those simple words were spoken softly and without infliction. I slid out of the bed, unsure of how he would finally react to my punch. At my movement, he turned to look back at me. Then the most baffling thing happened. He laughed. Xavier threw back his head and let out great peals of laughter.

     When he finally got his mirth under control he said between breaths, “I like you Sagan. I can see why Ryan was drawn to you.” To Ryan he simply said, “You’re going to have your hands full, especially in our circle. You know how the boys like to fight.”