House Mates: Nine

So.....it gets a little intense, a little heated. Hope you enjoy my lovelies!

I've been thinking about it, and Knox (Jason Griffin that is) is going to be the first with a side story. Just a tiny story that explains his past and how he met up with the gang. And after that, as inspiration hits me, I'll write the others!

Now, y'all get to meet the mysterious and not so mentioned Reese, Xavier's cute little boyfriend!

Shia LaBeouf as Reese Winters ---------------->

                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Sagan

     Two or so weeks passed and I got to see Ryan hang out with his friends. They were an eclectic lot and I spent most of my time just watching. Of course they welcomed me among their ranks, but there was always this edge about them. It took me a while to place my finger on it, and once I did, I was quick to put a stop to it.

     I figured it out when they had been talking about an upcoming Fight Night at one of the local gyms that sponsored them, if only because it was fairly good publicity for them. Controlled and disciplined fighting that helped out local troubled kids. I mentioned fighting and they all had shared a look. That look had confirmed the belief that they hadn’t fully accepted me because they hadn’t seen me fight.

     It was a strange and old fashioned concept, but after seeing them together, it seemed normal and expected of everyone.

     At the moment, that’s what Xavier and Ryan were arguing about.

     “Ryan, we can’t just invite people willy-nilly. We have this argument every time. We’re for fair sport, not inviting punching bags.” Xavier slammed his hand on the table, anger making his green eyes flash. I was eating lunch and just looked up at him, having gotten used to his penchant for being there when I woke up. I had figured out a while ago what Ryan hadn’t. Xavier and Nyall knew how to pick locks. The other guys were in the process of learning, but hadn’t gotten the hang of it yet. I just hadn’t gotten around to telling him. If he couldn’t figure it out then, I decided, I wasn’t going to hand the information to him.

     “Come on Xavier! Everyone deserves a chance. They’ve been begging for months to be allowed to fight. We have the usual weight divisions. It’s not like they’re going to be facing us or even Ash for that matter.”

     Not being able to keep quiet while they were talking about this, I had to put my two cents in, “Think of it this way, y’all are running the Fight Night right? Just let them register. There are refs and y’all know some paramedics. Find a few off duty or something and ask them if they’d being willing to overlook it. This way, you can gain more recognition in a good light. Not a bunch of thugs coming to beat the hell out of each other. And afterwards, you can just tell them what to work on to get better. If you never allow them to fight, they’ll never learn.”

     Xavier raised his eyebrows at my softly spoken spiel. Then reluctantly, he said, “Fine, they can come. Damn Ryan, how do you win anything with this guy?”

     Ryan’s laughter bounded around the kitchen, “Verbally I don’t, if it were physical, I’d hand his a$$ to him.”

     “Because you’re a brick powerhouse Ryan, no other reason, and besides I think we’d be in two different weight divisions. Am I invited to fight this time?”

     Ryan’s answer had me standing up in a heartbeat, my earlier calm evaporating at the dictate, “No and that’s final.”

     “Ryan I wasn’t asking permission. I’m not your child, I’m your boyfriend.”