The Wolf Attack

The weather your hometown encountered was rather an illusion. The constant sunny skies you assumed would lead to sunny days always turned out to be the stormy kind. For some reason, it was a rarity for the weather to actually stay true to itself. Back at the university, the weather was lovely, no cloud in the sky and a rather cool temperature. Then afternoon had hit and storm clouds came rolling in.

Your Monday was going to be a long one. Three classes in the morning and then work in the afternoon till night. You weren't dreading it, but, you weren't looking forward to it either. The job you had was peaceful and paid decent money; but, you'd be lying if you said you weren't exhausted.

It was a nice surprise to make a new friend who—in fact—had a class with you. The Armitage fellow was a rather kind gentleman, always wearing a smile and was awfully polite. Of course, you didn't think much of it as it was the least of your concerns. At least one man was able to be a decent person unlike the others.

Darting out of your car and toward the entrance of the store, the sudden heavy rain came pouring down on you and nearly drenched you from head to toe. Pulling the door open and rushing in, your body trembled. Your hair had gotten slightly wet and your jacket was soaked along with your jeans. It didn't help when the bookstore's thermostat was low.

Making your way towards the back and leaving your things in the private room, you decided your jacket was of no use with how wet it now was. Letting the jacket hang off of a chair to dry, you sighed, you definitely were going to be freezing.

Walking out and rubbing your arms as you shivered, you aimed for the front, only to stop in your tracks as you recognized the person from afar.

You had easily identified the dark hair, lean body, and scar on his face. Still, you hadn't known his name. In your head, his name was wolfman with his interest in lycanthropy; far better than scarface (as you weren't sure how well he'd take it if the name ever slipped). You wondered as to why he was at the store again after a single day. Had he already read the few books? Or did he really like reading?

Wanting to approach him, you were instantly blocked by one of Poe's friends—Rose.

Hearing a small conversation erupt to the right of him, the man—wolfman as you claimed—turned his attention from the bookshelf, over to the pair. Seeing the back of some young woman, his eyes then landed on you, instantly recognizing who you were.

Watching you as you spoke, letting out a small laugh and smiling, only to then point, the dark haired man instantly looked down at the book in his hand as the woman [Rose] you had been talking to started walking away. Lifting his head back up and looking over, you stood there and watched Rose go, in case she had gone the wrong way. Just as you were going to turn around, you were startled.

"Sorry..." the man before you spoke. "I thought I'd come over and say... hello." He swallowed as you simply smiled, appreciating the gesture.

"H— Hello!" You beamed, holding onto your arms as you were still trembling. "It's funny seeing you again so soon... Do you read that fast?" You questioned as the man lightly smiled, causing your heart to flutter at his rather handsome grin.

"Actually, they're more of side stories in case I get bored. I like reading so I wanted to see what else you guys carried in here," he nodded, eyeing the surrounding bookshelves. "You may just see me often in here, I am an avid reader and I do read books quickly," he admitted as your smile grew.

"That's lovely! Reading is good, it helps you get away from the real world and can also build up your vocabulary," you pointed out as he nodded in agreement. "Anything in particular you want?"