The Scarif Book Store Massacre

It was strange, the fact that you had actually slept well through the night, staying in the same position until morning. At first, you had almost forgotten that you were lying on a flat ground with your head against a wolf, but when you slipped back to reality you realized you were not in your bed. Of course, the floor was nowhere near comfortable, but somehow you slept well.

Maybe it was the fact that you had Ben—in wolf form—there with you. If you hadn't, you would've stayed up all night, especially since you were in an abandoned home. Nonetheless, in the middle of the woods where the hunters could easily find you.

Opening up your eyes to see part of the black fur, you sat up and stretched out your arms, feeling bad that you had already slept on him for who knows how many hours.

Tightening up the blanket around you as you lightly shivered, you heard the floorboard creek, looking over and seeing Ben moving over to where he had left his pants. Watching the wolf pick them up with his mouth, he then walked off.

Deciding you couldn't be on the floor any longer, you stood up and straightened your back, letting out a small groan from the movement. Facing a boarded up window, you peeked through the cracks and saw the now lit up forest. What time was it anyway?

Reaching into your pocket, you nearly panicked—where was your phone? You don't recall dropping it... but did you without realizing it? Letting out a breath in disappointment, your head dropped into your hands as you rubbed your face. "Great..." you muttered to yourself.

"Something's wrong..." Ben pointed out rather than questioned, you nearly jumping at the sound of his voice as you looked over and saw him in his jeans, still no shirt on. Maybe his body heat was really high. For all you knew, he liked being in the nude.

Of course, you couldn't help but blush at the thought.

Turning over to look at him, your shoulders dropped. "I dropped my phone out there, I must have, it isn't in my pockets..." you sighed as Ben nodded.

"I can help you find it?" Nodding your head, Ben gave you a small smile. "How did you sleep?" He asked as you moved closer to him, Ben watching you as he took in a small breath.

"Good... surprisingly?" Pushing your hand through your hair, you let out an exhale. "What about you? I must've made an indent in your back." You chuckled, Ben's smile resurfacing as he shook his head.

"I slept well, my back is fine." He simply spoke as you stood there and eyed him, the corners of your lips lightly lifting. You've only known this man for a little over a week, yet, it felt like you had known him your entire life. There was something about him that called to you and you couldn't put a finger on it.

Of course, one factor had been his will to protect you. He saved your life three times, and you could only imagine how many more would come. Then, there was the fact that he was almost always there, whether as a wolf or himself.

But, still, what was it? Sure, anyone can save you, but that isn't much of a meaning to fall for someone... right?

Shifting your eyes from his own, your train of thought went elsewhere—his wound. Although it was healing, there still was a mark as to where it was; not big, but it was there and you could see it.

Reaching your hand out, the pads of your fingertips brushed against the healing skin, Ben's eyes moving from your face, to your hand. "I'm sorry this happened..." You nearly muttered.

"Like I said, I want to protect you," he reminded, moving his focus back to your face, only to see your eyebrows narrow.

"This would've been prevented if I hadn't gone into the woods... I should've gone straight home." Shaking your head as you stared at the wound, Ben blinked.