The Last Howl (NSFW!)

Falling limp, Ben didn't think twice before picking you up in his arms and rushing to the abandoned home. The second he got there, he nearly rammed the door down, rushing to a table in the kitchen and lying you there, turning you on to your stomach and eyeing the scratches along your back.

"Fuck!" He shouted, pulling your night dress to your waist, your bare back being exposed with multiple, deep gashes. Taking in heavy breaths as he tried blinking away his tears, Ben stood there and panicked. For once, he had no idea what to do. What was he supposed to do? After promising to keep you safe, he did this to you?

Even if you said you'd never leave his side... he still harmed you.

Pushing his hands through his hair as he stood there, unsure of what to do, his eyes overflowed with tears. He couldn't remember the last time he had cried this much.

Hearing your heart rate become slower and slower, he instantly got a hold of your shoulders and had hoped something would work. He had done it to others, mainly animals, but to wounds that deep? Let alone, that many? He wasn't sure he could heal it on his own.

Seeing no progress, he took a step back, your heartbeat echoing in his ears as his own mixed in with it. He was afraid. There had to be a way to save you, but how?

A part of him felt as if he knew, as if he were aware of what to do, but a bigger part was apprehensive. Was he willing to share blood? To have his in your system?

Was he willing to fully seal the imprint? To complete the bond?

He didn't have time to contemplate, your life was on the line and he was going to lose you to his own hands.

Searching around the room, he found a piece of glass from a small pile, instantly slashing his palm and rushing over to you. Letting the blood drip onto the open wounds on your back before his palm healed, he felt the blood die out. Looking at his hand, he cursed, "shit!" Seeing the cut vanish, he was just about ready to cut again until he realized it wasn't a smart move. He'd only harm himself.

Gritting his teeth and punching a hole through the wall, breaking his knuckles—only for them to shift back into place—his forehead rested against the rough surface. He felt like a failure; he had failed you. He had put you through such hell all because he had grown attached. "I'm sorry..." Ben muttered, as if you could hear. "I'm so sorry..." he cried out, voice cracking as he shut his eyes.

Slamming the side of his fist against the wall, muttering his apologies, he fell to his knees. His ears had began to ring from his state of mind, he could no longer hear your own heart beat as his head tuned it out. He felt useless and disappointed. He didn't want this life for you, he didn't want you to die so young all because you loved him.

Him.

A beast... A cruel animal.

Yet, you loved him.

You loved him and he couldn't even save you, not this once.

Gritting his teeth as the tears splashed onto the wooden ground beneath him, Ben's heart stopped for a sudden moment, startling him as his eyes widened. Feeling it begin to race in his chest as his breathing grew heavy, he held on before he quickly stood up. Moving to the table, the scars on your back were no longer there.

Blinking, fearing it was a dream, his hand reached out and gently touched the skin on your back. The tips of his fingers coming to contact with the soft texture sent shivers throughout his body. "Y/N..." he breathed, your heart beat picking up in speed as his eyes widened. "Y/N?"

Walking around the table, over to where your head had been facing, Ben went to grab onto you, sitting you up and pulling you into his chest. Although you were still limp, he knew you were there. He could feel it. "Come to me, please..." Ben whispered, fingers deep in your wet hair as his other arm wrapped around your waist tightly. "Baby, please, wake up. I need to know... that you're there."