The Claw Marks on the Wall (NSFW!)

Feeling an unusual amount of warmth radiate onto you, your eyebrows narrowed. You were so used to waking up in the morning shivering from the lack of heat and drop in outside temperature.

Shifting—or at least trying to—in your spot, you realized there was something tightly wrapped around your waist as there was a pressure against the back of your head. Fluttering your eyes open, you saw nothing but pale, bare skin and your comforters lifted up to your nose.

Lying with your forearms pressed against the warm skin, you smiled as you remembered the previous nights events—Ben kissing you and you kissing back with such passion. It was so hungry that the thought of it made you blush. You couldn't remember the last time you kissed someone that way.

Turning your hand so your palm could rest against his chest, you felt his body heat warm it. He was a living, breathing, radiator. No matter what, with or without clothes, he was always warm. Perks of being a werewolf, you thought. Gently moving your palm against his smooth skin, you instantly felt the scars that marked his body against it. There weren't too many big ones, but you traced them with your fingertips.

The one on his shoulder was the most visible, aside the one on his bicep. You wanted nothing more than to gently press kisses. But, for now, the tips of your fingers would suffice.

You wondered what the stories were behind them. How did he obtain them? What happened that caused them? When and where did it happen? You could only imagine the life he was living and had with being a werewolf.

A werewolf, it was something you would never get over. How could you? You thought they were nothing more than folklore. Makes sense as to why he read those books, anyway.

Taking in a deep breath, you turned your attention up to his face. He seemed so peaceful. So at ease. His features were soft, his lips lightly pursed as his hair sprawled over his forehead. Lifting your hand, you gently pushed the hair away and behind his ear. Biting your bottom lip, you carefully lied your hand on his cheek. He was so calm, so relaxed, you couldn't help but wonder if this had been the best sleep he's ever had.

Studying his face, a smile grew on your lips. This was the first time you truly got a good look at him up close, from his dark hair that was soft to his sharp nose. Then, there was his eyebrows and eyelashes. His cheek bones and ears. His lips... something you knew were kissable—and they truly were. They were so soft and plump, they connected perfectly with your own.

And then there were his beauty marks. There were so many that you hadn't noticed until you had a better look. You wanted to connect them. They sprinkled his face and looked like the night sky. They were beautiful.

Letting out a small huff, holding back the urge to pepper his face with sweet kisses, you were just about to move your hand away until Ben got a hold of your wrist.

Feeling your breath hitch, Ben brought your hand to his lips, pressing a kiss against the back of it as your heart fluttered. Lying your arm over his shoulder, he brought you closer to him, your forehead pressing against his own as his hand moved deep into your hair.

Lying in silence as your heart pounded against your chest, Ben only lowered himself. Resting the side of his head against your chest, he listened to your rapidly beating heart. "I'm sorry," he mumbled. "I didn't mean to scare you." Hearing his morning voice, your heart skipped a beat. You never expected his voice to get anymore deeper than it naturally was.

Trying to steady your breathing from the sudden movement he made, you let out a breath. It was unexpected, but you didn't seem to mind. "It's fine," you softly responded, hand moving into his hair and brushing your fingers through it.