The Truth Behind Ben Solo

Warning: Harassment/attempts of sexual assault are implied but nothing explicit is mentioned.

It had easily been a week since that moment, a week since the mysterious black wolf saved your life... and a week since your sleepless nights came to an end.

Although you were disappointed in the fact that you couldn't help out the poor animal, you were glad that—somehow—the nightmares were no longer existent. Actually, for the past seven days, you dreamt of nothing. Absolutely nothing. Or, so it felt like. All you could remember was just the pitch blackness of your closed eyes.

That night, after the wolf had saved you, you forced yourself out of the woods. A part of you wanted to search for the animal, but you were able to overcome it and go back home. After all, it was too dark out, there were men hunting and you had an exam to study for.

The exam... surprisingly you had passed with flying colors. If you had slept well and hadn't dealt with the wolf issue, you possibly would've aced it. But a low 'B' was good enough for you.

From then on, your days went back to normal. School and work, nothing out of the ordinary. Except for the fact that you hadn't seen Ben since your encounter with him back in the bookstore. He hadn't, not once, visited. Which started to upset you. You were growing to really like the man, why did he have to disappear like that? Did something push him away? Did he not like Finn and Rey? You had hoped not because they were practically your family and meant the world to you, so of course that wouldn't sit well with you.

But that didn't seem like a sufficient reason. There was more to it...you just couldn't tell what.

There was no lie in saying that you were sad. Ben was great company and was quite the gentleman. Even though you had only known him for a few days, the time didn't seem to matter when he was so kind towards you. Which bothered you, why would he be so nice towards you, take you to dinner and give you a gift only to drop you?

It itched at your skin, something wasn't right. You didn't do anything to scare him away, you were your usual self around him. So, what gives? There were so many times you checked your phone in hopes he'd message you, or maybe you missed a call, but nothing. Nothing would appear.

So you let it be, as much as you could. You didn't want to think about him as much as you didn't want to think about the wolf. But somehow, your mind always circled back to either of them.

Sitting there and eyeing the necklace Ben had given you, your cheek in the palm of your hand as your other held onto the pendant, you heard the seat next to you shift. "Someone isn't having a good day." Hearing the familiar, accented voice, you looked up and shook your head.

"No, my day is fine... just recovering from the exams I took." You lied, giving Armitage a small smile. "Tired, that's all."

"I see, well, at least you passed your exams." Nodding your head, you sat up and looked at the partially empty classroom. "I can't say the same for myself. I'm surprised I even got a D."

Growing wide-eyed, you fully turned your head. "A D?"

"It's nothing, I had other exams as well and focused a little too much on them. Plus, the professor I had before was on a different lesson than this one in the university I was in before. I'm amazed that I even got some answers right." He chuckled as you smiled. At least Armitage was good company as well and hadn't ditched you.

"If you ever need help, I can totally give it to you. Like a tutor, so you don't bomb the next exam and the final," you nodded as he grinned.

"That would be wonderful."