chapter 29 ↝ church bells don't ring

SHE CANNOT HAVE YOU. SHE DOES NOT DESERVE YOU. SHE CANNOT LOVE YOU IN THE WAY I DO.

"Natalia, let's get married," Charlie smiled.

"I don't know," Natalia replied uncertainly. She shifted in her seat.

"Let's do it. Let's go to Vegas and forget. Let's just go." Charlie wrapped his hand around Natalia's. She slowly smiled.

"I want a real wedding."

"You can buy a wedding dress, and we'll have an officiator."

"Two weeks," Natalia said. "Two weeks to plan this wedding. And by the way, you never proposed," she teased.

"Who says I-"

"Bye, Charlie," Natalia murmured and kissed his cheek.

She left the cafe and walked downtown. With each step, her heels made a clicking noise. Finally, Natalia reached her destination. She knocked on the door and was rushed in by a familiar girl.

"Did you do it?" The girl asked. She ran her fingers through her long hair.

"Depends on what you wanted."

"With Romeo and Gaten."

"They were dealt with. I told them that Millie were on some revenge mission."

"Good, thank you, Natalia. By the way, congratulations on the wedding." Natalia's heart sank when she realized the girl in front of her was beyond powerful. She knew something that had happened only minutes ago. This girl was crazy. Natalia swallowed thickly and forced a smile. The girl in front of her narrowed her eyes. "Do not test me, Natty. You forget just how much power I have."

"Oh, trust me, I know."

"Don't use sarcasm on me," the girl snapped. She smoothed her hair down and audibly sighed. "Don't fuck this up, Natalia."

"Give it to me," Millie ordered. She held her hand out expectantly.

"You're sure?" He asked, clutching the package close to his chest.

"I need it."

"I told you no more."

"And I say more."

"This can kill you, Millie," he whispered.

"I never said it would be for me," Millie cattishly replied, snatching the package out of his fingers. "I brought you back here, so don't test me. Not until the end, and the finale is going to be a showstopper."

"Millie, don't do this. They don't deserve it," he pleaded.

"Oh, please, you know they all deserve it. M isn't going to stop."

"You have the power to make it-"

"No- No, I don't," Millie cut him off harshly. "Watch as their lives are ruined along with mine."

Sadie smiled at Caleb. He crossed his arms and tightened his grip. "Are you okay?" he finally asked.