poetry: the crisis pt 1

Say something real. Can you? Can you? Say something that makes sense. Say something that doesn't make sense but is still true. Say I hate every man in the world on principal but I will probably kill myself if I never find one that truly loves me, loves me so I am pink all over. A brown girl gone rosa. Say Woman is my gospel and yet and yet, in the presence of all my feelings, still I toil and labor like cold snakes in Hell for the warmth of man's touch and affection. I'm a hypocritical bitch who knows it. I'm hypocrisy's wife incarnate. Say I sleep just as sweetly with a demon as I do an angel, and on Sunday I never sleep with the angel. Say I promised God I wouldn't and I didn't until I did and I'll cry and cut off all my hair and wash my hands tonight and do it again tomorrow, and still have the gall, have the pompousness and piety to ask my reflection if I'm holy. Holey like there are circles going through my entire body. Say I love him or her or them and kill each of then anyway. One hundred ways to end a life and only one requires blood. Say I'm sorry and be sorry and still twist the knife in a back arching at your touch. Say good night and let your spirit tear your body to shreds and still wake up the next day, the next good morning, even though there is nothing good about wearing torn clothes. And smile anyway. And smile anyway. 

playlist 02/23/17:

-chantaje by shakira ft maluma

-fangs by matt champion

-loungin by ll cool j

-dark red by (my bby boy) steve lacy

-lottery by kali uchis (which autocorrected to "ouches "three times this must be some kind of....technological, verbal gentrification) 

-everything is yours // keep on // get like all by kehlani

-do you miss me at all? by brigit mendler 

-can i kick it? by a tribe called quest