Chapter 11

“Well I’m here.” The words were quiet in the open air. But  both Setsu and Kyoko heard them, and the feelings of honesty behind them and Setsu almost smiled.

“My brother’s a baka. Simple. As. That,” Setsu said before turning and leaving Kanae alone on the balcony. To anyone who had not experienced the Heel siblings this would seem like a simple refusal. But to Kanae who had been studying this pair not only through their work and news reports but also in person over the last 3 days she knew that this was a step in the right direction.

To Setsu who loved her brother and doted on him unconditionally to call him stupid in another’s presence was a big thing. Kanae smiled to herself as the sun broke  through the dark clouded sky.

“Well I’d have to agree with that.” she whispered to herself before turning and joining the remaining Heel family for their journey to LME.

Was this always how they were treated? The whispers and  the pointed fingers Chiori wondered as she followed quietly along behind Cain Heel. He had said nothing when she had said she would be accompanying him to the set today, only nodded. She honestly didn’t mind his silent taciturn nature it was simply who he was she had decided after being around him the past 3 days.

Straining her ears, she tried to pick up snippets of the whispered conversations going on around her all aimed around the Heel siblings. She heard a few comments about the condition of Setsuka after the pepper spray attack and maybe that being the reason she wasn’t with Cain today. She also realised a lot of the conversations featured her as a main plot point.

“Who is she?”

“Don’t you know? That’s Amamiya Chiori. She’s an actress. I’ve seen her on Box-R... you know the one with Rumi-chan in it? And that sexy girl.... what was her name? Natsu.”

Chiori smiled inwardly, wondering what her senpai would have said at hearing someone call her sexy? Saying that, she would only smile and tell Chiori they were calling Natsu sexy not her. Chiori hated Kyoko’s thoughts of herself. She had been informed in bits and pieces about Kyoko’s past with Sho. Not much but enough to know that he had really hurt her and Chiori though there was probably something deeper too. Maybe something from her childhood? Her thoughts snapped back to the whispering stage hands while she waited behind Cain who was currently having a one sided conversation with the director... Well the director was talking and Cain would just nod or stay motionless at least.

“Well that’s all well and good but why is she here? and with him?” They didn’t know all the details, but it was already apparent that the Heel siblings had made a lasting impression on all of these people already... And maybe not a very good one at that, Chiori thought sighing as she thought of how much more difficult this would make her and Kanae’s job.

“No idea. Though I did see on celeb gossip this morning that the Heel-sans parents have come all the way over from England! They were even here the other day, you know the day his sister was attacked? People are saying they are trying to cover up for them, or maybe even trying to take them home.”

“Maybe the rumors are true after all then? But that still doesn’t explain why she’s here.” Chiori wanted to roll her eyes and even answer the question herself. But she would stand there with her back straight and proud just as she had seen Kyoko do so many times before. She entered her own state of Kyoko channeling as Kanae had described it, imagining the man before her was Kyoko’s own beloved senpai Tsuruga-san. She held herself with grace and ease knowing that the man before her could do no wrong in her eyes.