Chapter 17

The information Kanae unknowingly departed that morning to the already understanding listeners was simple. Mitoki Sakura was the bain to any entertainers existence. She had a love hate relationship in the industry, an industry that she had an amazing power to control and influence to her liking.

“So basically she’s not a very nice woman?” Calvin asked in his broken Japanese.

“Basically yes,” Kanae replied as Chiori nodded emphatically. Neither of the girls could even begin to describe how terrible this woman could truly be.

“Well I think we have one up on her anyway,” Sayuri remarked as she picked up the last of her tea and sipped it with her steady hand.

“And how do you figure that one our dearest?” Calvin asked as he turned to his beautiful wife.

“Because we have two not very nice women,” she replied as her eyes sparkled.

“Especially when it involves our family... right Setsu?” the four other seated around the table looked between the two of them as Cain fought not to smile at his father.

“And God help the one who stands in our way.” Setsu simply purred in reply.

Chiori shivered as Kanae’s hair on the back of her neck rose. Their tones and wording said it all and all they could both think as Calvin began to chuckle softly was really God help Mitoki Sakura. She was going to be in for one heck of a show with these four individuals.

“OK so we will be back later, Cain... Setsu stay out of trouble!” her eyes said it all as Sayuri glared at her children.

“Have a nice day girls,” she added with a pleasant smile towards the LoveMe ladies. They had said they were off to visit Sayuri’s friend so they would not need one of the young ladies to assist them today. Kyoko and Kuon both knew it was more like Calvin was starting to get food withdrawal. Kuon was amazed his father hadn’t started eating the furnishings.

The two women bowed as Cain and Setsu gave half-hearted nods. Today they had been dropped off under the car park normally use for deliveries so didn't have to worry about the paparazzi and public. It was one of the places where they had been lucky enough not to be watched. They walked towards the elevator.

Setsu pressed the attention button and as the doors opened they waited inside for the green light to come on. Konoe had explained how the lift worked. Both buttons had to be pressed at the same time for the elevator to work correctly. Depending on which way they were loading in or out they would either need one man at the top or the bottom of the lift while the person inside the lift pressed the traveling button.

The green light came on as expected and Setsu idly pressed her finger onto the traveling button as the lift lurched into movement and slowly trundled its way up.

“I hate lifts,” Chiori commented as she grabbed the bummer rail that was fastened to the outer walls. Setsu and Cain simply looked across at the smallest woman who blushed at the scrutiny of the silver eyes that settled on her.

“I think any small spaces can be quite daunting.” Kanae agreed as she looked at no one rather focusing her eyes on the operation cables you could see through the wire top of the elevator. She too was feeling a little off centre. Maybe it was the fact the top of the elevator was simply made of grating so you could see everything around you and how it all worked. Or maybe it was the fact the lift seemed to shudder a lot as it traveled. Whatever it was she had to agree almost completely with Chiori this lift was horrid.

As always, Setsu and Cain stood together as they turned their attention back to the wall before them watching the elevator shaft pass before them as they waited to reach that all needed exit point. It was the sudden jolt as the elevator stopped that almost knocked Setsu off her feet was the starting point.