Chapter 23

"You're not needed here Nii-san, now go," Setsu said as she turned her back on her beloved brother. The entire room was silent. The Heel siblings had only just arrived and here was Setsu instantly kicking her supposed most important man out of the room.

"Setsu?" Cain growled annoyed at her words. Could Setsu have had an epiphany and he was not to be present? He was not allowed to be here? Or was this Kyoko telling Kuon to go? Was this Kyoko's true feelings and rejection for the man he had come forward to be?

"Just go," Setsu said again in that solid as steel voice. Sayuri, Calvin and Lory looked on stunned as the Love Me pair simply stood there completely at a loss as to what to say. Why was Setsu pushing him away? Why was she pushing him away when he had needed her so much today?

Setsu never turned towards Cain, but she heard it. That small intake of breath as he was yet again about to speak.

"GO!" Setsu screamed as she turned and spun towards him and pointed at the door. They all watched in complete horror as a cold look fell over Cain's face before he turned and stalked out of the door slamming it behind him. The impact of the doors shook the room. But Setsu never saw them. Once her most important man had turned away so had she. She leant against the large solid desk as she fought back the tears of the pain she had just caused in his eyes.

It's for his own good! Setsu and Kyoko tried to convince themselves as they felt the doors slam like a physical smack to the face.

It's for his own good! She repeated.

"Kanae and Chiori I know its a thankless task, but please make sure my Nii-san doesn't do anything stupid," Setsu said quietly as the first few tears fell.

No one in the room could see her face as the Heel seniors and Lory had been seated in the comfortable sofas off to one side and the two Love Me girls were still by the door.

"Why Setsu?" Kanae asked softly.

"I think Nii-san's had enough bad memories for today." And with those words Kanae knew Setsu knew something more than they did.

She had not have sent Cain away to hurt him like she may have done in the past for her own personal satisfaction. Like the time she said she played with Fuwa Sho because her brother did not want her. She had sent Cain away to protect him. And who was she to stop the most courageous act she thought she had ever seen Setsu preform?

She was hurting herself to save him.

"Ok Setsu, I understand." With that Kanae bowed and left the room slowly.

Chiori followed asking no questions. She may not completely understand, but the respect with which Kanae had treated her bowing as she did spoke louder than words as the Love Me girls shut the door behind them Setsu and Kyoko sobbed violently.

Julie was beside her like lightning comforting the girl holding her closely as she tried to understand just what was going on. Why was she like this? Why had she sent their son away? She knew who he was now so had she completely rejected him? But she had sounded so broken when she had said her nii-san had enough bad memories for today.

What was this all about? And why was it hurting the girl she had come to love like a daughter so much?

"I understand now." Kyoko managed to sob out. Setsu had fled as soon as the door had clicked the final time as her best friend had left. Turning into Julie's arms she buried her head there and cried helplessly.

"I understand now, it's not Cain Heel they're after and it's not Setsu... It's Kuon.. they are after Kuon." The room stilled instantly at her words.