Perplexed

- - - - - - - W W - - - - - - -

Our dearest Hermione,

               Words cannot suffice in expressing how much we are proud of your accomplished task in the war. Who would have thought, that our little daughter, would be the one to save the savior of the wizarding world? Your father kept on telling me it was him, oh rubbish! I knew from the day that you stepped on the cobblestone streets of Diagon Alley, you would surely change the world your now in. Look at you!

        Sorry my tears smudged up there. Anyways I hope you are in a good shape. Do not forget to eat on time, sleep early and wake early, and avoid stress. (Your father's nagging me to stop 'nagging' you right now, oh well) 

          As much as we love to reunite with you immediately, we cannot, our clinic had just been set up here in Australia, wait why don't you just transfer here? But know this, my dear, as soon as we get our free time, we'll be with you before you could notice.

With all our love,
Ma & Pa.

PS. Tell Ron already.

Folding the letter, Hermione sighed, keeping the fresh tears from stinging. It was good news to have them back, Merlin knows how difficult it was to find them- not to mention the healing process they had to undergo. But it didn't make up for the fact that her family won't be back to normal again.

With their new venture abroad, it would be hard for them to have free time, not that a dentist had many, she thought bitterly. Just another set of empty promises.

Yet she was glad. She gained her parents back, all thanks to a book she had read on the library, she was able to find a way to help restore her parents' memory. All of the years of studying and scouring every tome inside the library surely paid off well.

Not only was she able to restore her parents memory, she was also able to save another person's life.

Of one Severus Snape.

Vividly remembering the odd way her heart broke, as if something inside her shattered when they reached the shack only to find the Potions Master hanging on a thin line. She ordered Ron and Harry to go, and despite their efforts to drag her with them, she triumphed. Frantically, she searched deep on her beaded bag for answers.

Thankfully, everything went accordingly.

And that may or may not have been what she's thinking about as of late. About how she would see him eye to eye when he all but sneered at her for saving his life.

That bloody bastard!

That bloodily attractive and intelligent bastard!

Argggh, stupid hormones.

From the moment she aided him, she couldn't help but think of him at least once a day, and she was starting to doubt it had to do with her hormones. But that's impossible, right? She's still dating Ron- odd as though it seemed, she can't get sidetracked.

A knock on her door brought her out of her thoughts.

"Oi, 'Mione! Can you open the door?" Ron called from the other side. Hermione stood up and went to open the door, she looked up to see Ron with a concerned look, her hands flew to her hair to straighten them (to no avail, of course). She must have looked a sight.

"You ok?" He asked, in a not-so-Ron way. She nodded at him and smiled. Ron held out his hand for her to take. Raising her eyebrows she took it and both went downstairs to the cold open air, facing the Burrow.

"What are we doing here, Ron?" She asked him. The redhead faced her with a warm smile and moved towards behind her, holding her shoulders firmly, looking out the house she had considered home.

"See that house over there, 'Mione?" He asked, she grinned and nodded.

"Of course, that's your house." She teased.

"No, that is our home, us, the Weasleys." Knowing he wasn't finished yet, she urged him to go on.

"And...?"

"And, one day, I hope we'll have our own Burrow too." Her heart was filled with warmth. "You, me, and the dozen of redheads we'll have." Hermione's eyes went wide at this. Of course, she wanted children, but not that much! That could enable them to form their own Quidditch team! Ron, again sensing her distress, shook her.

"I'm just kidding! C'mon, I won't do that." He assured. "Unless you want me too." He winked and somehow, Hermione's mood had set off and she felt the urge to gag at the thought of them doing the deed.

"But, seriously, Hermione." Ron stated, voice turning firm, turning Hermione now to face him.  "I want that future with you."

"What? The dozen redheads." She teased back, mood switching again.

"Hmm. That's optional, but what I mean was the home. I want a Home with you." He smiled, and kissed Hermione's forehead.

On the other hand, Hermione's head was spinning. Did she want that kind of life too? A housewife, her? What about her dreams?

This is too soon.

Too soon.

Especially when her heart's starting to doubt her feelings for Ron.

All thanks to a black clad man.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++