Birthday Bash

- - - - - - - W W - - - - - - -

It had been two weeks since the 'rain incident'- as Hermione put it, and she still had not decoded the mystery that was Severus Snape.

Truth be told, his actions were driving her mad. He had yet talked to her about what happened, she herself doesn't even know what to say, but that didn't mean he could just ignore her! It's as if she doesn't exist, not once did he glanced at her way and he avoided her like the plague. Frustrating it is for the brunette witch, she wanted nothing but to go straight up to him and...give him perhaps the finger.

She stared at her vanity mirror, and suddenly her mind clicked.

What the fuck, it's her Birthday!

She narrowed her eyes at herself in disbelief, but then let out a sigh. Well, when you're trying your best to defeat a snake-faced wanker for seven years, things such as these will surely slip her mind. She put on her robes and headed out her dorm, only to be surprised by what's waiting for her outside.

All of her friends were waiting for her at the foot of the stairs, holding out different sorts of gifts for her and all but yelled a 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY HERMIONE', loud enough for all the school's inhabitants to hear. But she didn't mind, she was happy now. She gave a hug to all of them- even Lavender.

Ron was missing though, and even if Ginny reasoned he would soon come to his 'senses', Hermione couldn't care less. He could sulk his arse if he wants to.

But today, is her day. And there's  one particular gift she wants.

• • • •WW• • • •

The Potions Master sat impatiently in his office, pondering what he should do. Of course, he knew what day it is, it's that Chit's birthday. Just what to do about it, he had no clue.

Is he supposed to greet her? Well he doesn't see anything wrong with that, Filius does that to his younglings, Pomona even throws a birthday party in the kitchens. But hell, He, the Severus Snape greeting children on their birthday? Not to mention it was the resident Insufferable Know It All, that would surely raise suspicion, and perhaps a spark of jealousy from his own snakes.

Why does it even matter?

His reverie broke at the arrival of his first class, fourth years. Bloody hell.

He came to stand behind his desk when a light bulb went off his head. Aha. He knows what he could do. And it would surely even the score, if she thinks she could touch his bits and get away with it. Then she surely is in for a memorable Birthday.

- - - - - - - W W - - - - - - -

Everything was going well for Hermione's birthday, a bunch of people, whether she knew on a personal level or not, greeted her and it felt wonderful. She felt loved, even Ron approached her to apologize, gave her a bouquet of pink roses and kissed her cheek.

As Hermione walked out of her third class, ready to head out for lunch, she felt that a presence was indeed following her, and she stood still.

"Whoever you are, get out where you're hiding before I hex you into next year." A shuffling and a throat clearing revealed the stalker to be Draco.

"Dray, (Draco insisted to call him that) what's the stalking for?" She asked him. The blonde scratched the back of his head and flashed a sheepish grin, before revealing two small boxes. One a tiny box wrapped in red velvet, and the other a thin rectangular box wrapped in emerald green paper adorned with flecks of real silver.

"The red one is from me, the other, from mother but father insisted on the wrapping." Hermione chuckled, thanking Draco before heading to her original destination. She shrunk the gifts and shoved them to her extended pockets.

" 'Mione!" Ginny literally rammed her and almost caused them to topple over each other. They both giggled and took a seat.

"We plan on having a party for you in the common room, later tonight." She grinned broadly at this, a party, well she hadn't had one since she was eleven. It became a sort of farewell party from her parents.

"And I heard Ron planning to," Ginny went on, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively, almost causing Hermione to choke on her drink. "He plans to give it to you as a gift."

The brunette frowned, yeah, a gift.

A throat clearing from behind made Hermione turn around, to see the very same Potions Master in front of her. He narrowed his eyes at her while scowling.

"It has come to my attention that you had yet served your detention with me." She raised her eyebrows at this, detention? Oh yes, for the inappropriate advances. She internally huffed. "You will serve it tonight. 8 pm."

"What? But it's her birthday?!" Ron snarled from a few seats away. Snape raised an impetuous eyebrow at this.

"And, do I seem like I care, Weasley?" He snapped, effectively shutting the redhead up. The only female Weasley on the other hand, reached for Hermione's hand and squeezed it reassuringly.

"Don't worry, 'Mi. We could do it tomorrow, it's a weekend anyways. Besides, what worse could he do than make you scrub cauldrons." As if they'd forgotten he was still there, until they looked up again, and he was still there. Now with a malicious smirk, a smirk more dirty than all of the Malfoys' combined.

"Oh trust me, Miss Weasley. I have abundant ideas on how to conduct her detention." With that, the professor headed for the High Table. Leaving Hermione to blink in disbelief, a number of rather inappropriate ideas racing through her mind. Her stomach lurched at this.

Oh no.