Falling

Chapter Song: Fools- Troye Sivan

- - - - - - - W W - - - - - - -

Hermione struggled to walk back to her dorm, the memory of her Potions professor replaying over and over again, as if on a loop.

'Why the fuck does he have to be so hot?' She asked herself. It was already midnight, she muttered the password to the Fat Lady, and entered.

Ron laid at one couch, his legs draped on the armrest, fighting his eyes from drooping. He jerked awake and looked around him, finding Hermione at the entrance, making him smile.

"Hey."

"Hey." The brunette witch greeted back, his boyfriend sitting up and patting the spot next to him. She smiled at him in adoration, he was so gentle, so kind, her heart ached. How she could think of someone else other than this wonderful boy was beyond her. He was perfect; the way her hand fits on his, how he could be so inconsiderate and yet protective.

He was her knight in shining armor during the war, he endured everything for her.

And yet she could not stop thinking of Severus Snape.

"Mi? Is everything ok? What's wrong, did the git hurt you?" Ron panicked as he held the young witch's face, suddenly worried as tears fell down her face.

'Yes, he did. The both of you did.' She thought. Little did they know how they pain her.

Her head pounded hard with all that's happening, how could this happen? One minute she was madly in love with Ron, and now all she could think of was that man.

What the hell?

- - - - - W W - - - - -

The party had ended hours ago, the Gryffindor gang, along with Luna, Draco and yes, even Pansy, went out to the Black Lake and had a picnic. Everything was fun and bright with happiness. Now Hermione sat alone on the banks, hugging her knees and rocking herself. Something happened earlier, something she can't quite comprehend- which is a rare thing. But somehow, what happened piqued her psyche.

Ron proposed.

He bloody offered a promise ring, asking her to marry him once they'd graduated from the school.

If he only did it months ago she would have said yes, back when things were still fine with them. Back when she still thought he was the one for her.

Now, she wasn't so sure anymore.

How?

How could someone so ruthless, someone so mean to her through the years suddenly become the center of her attention?

How could he, the man who called her an 'Insufferable Know It All', the one who insulted her, and never appreciated her effort draw her to him so easily?

How?

She hugged herself tightly and exhaled, closing her eyes, she called for the words of a muggle song she'd been listening to.

I am tired of this place

I hope people change