Peculiar

- - - - - - - W W - - - - - - -

"What do you want, Granger?" He snapped at her, not even bothering to look up from the papers he was grading.

'You...' She wanted to say, but decided against it.

"Sir I was wondering..."

"Of course you were wondering." He sneered, but a hint of amusement eminent, making her more confused? When had he become this...lite, albeit almost playful. If he could ever be considered as that. "What's wrong?" he added, now with an unusual tone.

"I-I-I..." She stammered, unable to form coherent thoughts as she met his dark look, something was off. Yes, his eyes had always been dark, but if it was possible, the look he had now was darker. He tilted his head and smirked.

"Well, spit it out! I don't have all day!" He grunted, changing mood, and Hermione raised her hands in frustration.

"There! That exactly is what's wrong!" Not caring if he was her teacher for a minute there, because she was really tired of putting up with his bullshit, with his games.

She wanted him, and deep down, she knew he knew in there, that he want her too.

The Potions Master stood from his desk and rounded fast enough to shock Hermione. Severus held her shoulders hard.

"You could have just said you wanted me. Instead of stammering like a three year old." He said softly, and planted a kiss on her forehead.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Wake up, young lady!!!" George knocked ferociously on the door, literally throwing Hermione off her bed. Still shaken from her dream she responded something along 'ok, ok, I'm awake', and run off to the loo, with George snickering before going away.  After cleaning herself and staring on the mirror wall- which scolded her, she sat on the edge of the cot burning a hole in the wall from her staring.

Out of all the people she could dream about, it's him. Not to mention this is the third time in a week. She was silently praying this isn't some kind of bad omen. Ugh, she can't take anymore of the this.

Later that day, she set out to purchase her supplies, earlier than they usually did because she knew that not many people would be outside today. Everyone's still adjusting from the aftermaths of the war, still struggling to move on, just as she is. Walking on the streets, noticing that some of the stalls are still on a rebuilding phase, a sparkle of hope crossed her features, definitely, there's hope for everyone. Her mind was filled with happy thoughts only to be disrupted when she crashed into somebody.

"Watch it," the one she slammed into grunted, but quickly gasped. "Mud- I mean Granger." Draco Malfoy looked at Hermione as if she was a ghost.

"Draco." She greeted with a smile, which caught the blonde haired boy off guard. "How are you?"

"What?" He asked harshly, but the brunette didn't mind. "You're not going to snap, slap, or even punch me?" Draco looked incredulously.

"I would have, if I have the exact reasons." She responded as a matter-of-fact, causing Draco's eyebrows to raise.

"And what about snogging me?" He smirked, and Hermione's upper lip stiffened, disgust mixed with amusement. She honestly can't find the strength to be mad at him, war's over. No need to live in anger and hate. All was well.

Draco on the other hand, took her glare as a bad sign, and held his hands up in mock surrender, tightly shutting his eyes, awaiting a blow.

"What the hell are you doing, ferret?" Hermione laughed.

"You're not really going to punch me?" He asked, making the girl double in laughter, he soon joined. When everything died down, they looked at one another and smiled.

"Thanks, Hermione." He breathed.

"You're welcome, Draco." She replied cheekily, and they chuckled again.

"Draco? Son?" Lucius walked over to them, in tow was the last person Hermione wanted to see at this time.

Snape.

"Over here father." The father and son reunited, draping shoulders over one another.

"Ahh, Miss Granger." Lucius greeted, unlike before, his smile was genuine and simple. While Severus merely nodded at her, but it did not stop her heart from doing a tiny flip.

"Lord Malfoy, Professor Snape." The elder Malfoy looked proud for a moment, from what exactly she didn't know.

"Such a proper young lady, and please call me Lucius." He offered but the girl shook her head and smiled.

"I just earned the right to be on a first name basis with your son, sir." Placing emphasis on the sir to prove her point, no matter how accepting she may be, doesn't mean it's easy for her to consider them like their friendly neighbors. "Let me earn the right to call you that, Lord Malfoy." 

"I suppose, that is correct." He turned to the black clad man, and raised his eyebrows suggestively. "Won't you agree, Sev?" He asked, and Severus only grunted in approval.

"Then, perhaps you could visit the Manor and work on it sometime, eh?" A chill run down her spine, reminiscing the last time she was there.

"Luce." Hermione snapped out of her thoughts, looking over Severus. He was giving that mild warning look until his friend blinked in realization. "I think Miss Granger would be off to do her errand." He looked at her and nodded.

"Yes, yes, well, goodbye Miss Granger." And the blondes were off. Leaving Severus behind. They were staring at one another, a meter away.

"Goodbye, Miss Granger." He bid and turned, his robes billowed thought it was a hot summer. She held out the breathe she was holding.

Hmm, so peculiar.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++