Uncertain

- - - - - - - W W - - - - - - -

Both of them were pacing, the witch touching her forehead every now and then, the wizard sweeping his cloak at each turn.

Both of them were confused, the other with the reason why she left, the other with the meaning behind his words.

Both of them want an explanation for each other's actions.

Both resided at separate parts of the castle, and yet the air around them seemed insufficient.

"I need an advice."

"I need help."

"From someone who knows what it feels like."

"From someone who knows what to do."

3...2...1...and like those scenes in movies, their light bulbs went off their heads.

"Harry!"

"Lucius, I need Lucius."  As if on cue, the fireplace inside Snape's quarters blazed, revealing the man he was looking for.

"Luce? What the hell are you doing here?"

The blonde didn't responded to him at once, it dusted itself first all the moot from the floo, ruffled his hair and scrunched his nose.

"You really need to learn how to clean this one. And hello to you too." He smiled, that awfully beautiful smile politicians flash all the time for publicity.

"Hmph, unwanted visitors would take that as an invitation," taking off his cloak, he summoned a bottle of whiskey and two glasses.

"You mean Dumbledore?"

Severus smirked yes.

The both of them made praying gestures. "Merlin bless his soul." They said in unison. Severus invited his friend into the sitting room, and upon settling, the wizard summoned a bottle of wine and poured his friend a drink. "You still haven't answered my question." 

"Oh yes, well, Cissy wants you to come next week."

"No," Severus grunted.

"What?"

"Tell your wife I don't want to be married off with one of her egotistical Amigas."

"Come on, Severus. You're not getting any younger," he took a sip, and settled back smugly, "and I know you still haven't snagged up Granger."

"I..I-I've been making progress."  The raven-haired wizard quipped defensively but Lucius just rolled his eyes.

"Wow, tell me about it." He scooted closer with faux concern.

~ ~ ~ ~

Meanwhile, at the other side of the castle...

"Harry?" The door opened revealing the Boy Who Lived in his private quarters.

"Hermione?"

"Can I come in?" He opened the door wider to let her in.

"So, what's the matter?" The brunette took a glance at her friend's room before sitting at the foot of his bed.

"I need your advice," she exclaimed with a sigh, making the wizard raise his eyebrows in surprise.

"You need my advice," the corner of his lips turned up, "why, what for? Is this about what happened yesterday?"

Hermione flinched remembering how Ron proposed, "no, it's not about that."

"Then what?" A concerned look had started to outline Harry's visage, he may be a bit clueless at times, but it becomes different with Hermione. 

He could feel what she feels, as they've had a strong bond.

"Harry," she took a deep breathe, "when did you know you were over Cho and started to feel for Ginny?"

"Oh wow." Harry blinked thrice, and settled beside Hermione. Looking at his best friend intently, "I don't know, I don't really know when I figured out I had feelings for Ginny. You see, it just-- developed, without me knowing it," he fiddled with the duvet on his bed, "I just saw him with Dean, and boom, I felt a certain pang of jealousy on my chest."

"As with Cho, I knew she wasn't for me when she sided with Umbridge. Though, now I know it wasn't entirely her fault. But now that I think about, I'm certain we wouldn't have worked out anyways."

"Why do you say so?" Hermione asked, but Harry just shrugged.

"Why do you ask anyways?" The boy asked, making Hermione's heart pound.

"Oh, nothing."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes," it sounded more like Hermione's convincing herself rather than her friend. She left immediately to avoid any other suspicion, because the way Harry looked at her clearly indicated he must have sensed something. Especially with the words he said to her before she turned the knob.

"Whatever it is that's bothering you, you know you could talk to me, or Ginny, right?"

How would she even explain to him that she's slowly, unexpectedly falling out of love with his best friend? How would she tell that to Ron's sister? That would totally be a slap on her face, and she wasn't about to go ruining their friendship over something she herself isn't even sure of.

But she knows she can't dismiss her feelings easily either, it was all so very confusing. As she made her way back to her dorm she focused on tuning out all forms of stress, trying to take her mind off of things.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ W W ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

1k Reads?? Am I seeing this clearly?! Thank you for keeping my book with you! 😍😙 And I'm sorry if this chapter's lame. ✌