New and Improved

2 Years Later

Kay..

Ray and I along with the kids finally moved. We moved to Atlanta where I grew

because it seemed far away from them. We never knew what happened to Prodigy because nobody heard from him. Aaliyah and Jacob are three years old and they both have a head full of hair.

Ray got a new job and he decided to be in the army. It's sad but he said he's wanted to be in the army for a while. I quit my job because it obviously wasn't my thing. Me and the kids are on our way to the airport to get Ray. He's been gone for three months now and it's pretty hard.

I did my hygiene and washed the kids up and we all got dressed. Sadly it was cold snow weather so I had to bundle them up so they wouldn't get sick.

Kay-Aaliyah, you ready

Liyah-No mommie, I can't find my coat

Kay-I have it in my arms. Come on so we can go get daddy okay.

Liyah-,Ok

Jacob-Haha her face is red, she was about to cry

Liyah-No I wasn't

Jacob-Yeah you were

Liyah-Mommie, tell J to leave me alone

Kay-Jacob, leave your little sister alone,or else daddies gonna get you

Jacob-Fine

We left the house and locked all the doors. I put them in their car seats and they played on their tablets they got for Christmas. Jacob was ready to fall a sleep but I didn't mind. We got to the airport and I unbuckled them and went in the building. I was holding Jacob and I had Liyah in my hand walking with me.

Kay-Don't lose my hand and run off

Liyah-Why not

Kay-I've already told you Liyah, you could get snatched

Liyah-Oh yeah, okay mommie

We waited for about fourty five minutes until the plane from Afghanistan(bare with me)

landed. I believe that was Rays plane. The man came out and I saw his pigtails. I could tell his hair hadn't been done because it was a mess.

Liyah-Mommie I see daddy

Kay-Me too sweetie

Jacob was still sleep. Liyah got up and ran towards him. She had to run through alot of people to get to him.

Ray...

I got off the plane an I couldn't wait to see my wife and kids. I saw a little body hugging my legs. It was my little girl Aaliyah and she looks so pretty. She has hair just like me do sure.

Liyah-Hi daddy

Ray-Hey baby girl *picks her up*

Where's mommy and Jacob

She pointed towards an open space but I couldn't see her. She got down and told me to follow her and I did. She led me to my beautiful wife that I hadn't seen in what felt like forever. The months went by slowly and the process was hard as ever. Her eyes wear shining and I could tell she was ready to cry. She set Jacob on the seat and got up and gave me a tight hug.

Ray-I missed you

Kay-I'm glad your back

Ray-I can tell, don't cry me a river ok

Kay-*Gasps playfully*I wasn't crying what are you talking about

Ray-*Wipes off a tear * Hmmm

Kay-Fine, well come on let's get home