06. the one where bailey forgets her underwear.

chapter six:
the one where bailey forgets her underwear.

When roaming the streets of downtown New York, people usually don't stop to call a cab back home because they'd forgotten their underwear, making their friends wait in the freezing cold for them to get back. But when you're Bailey Haniford and underwear apparently isn't your most crucial piece of clothing, none of that really applies to you; hence why we're here, huddled in a small group of three, the thin material of the clothes we usually wear to go out clubbing sticking to our bodies with no insulation whatsoever.

"Godfuckingdamnit," Ashley mutters, wrapping her arms around her torso even more as she leans against the glass window of a store with a To Let sign. "I could kill that girl right about now."

"You and me both," Chloe sighs unhappily, tightening the strings of her thin coat. Unlike us two, she came prepared, though very little.

"Why the hell didn't she just walk back to the apartment?" I murmur, the cold freezing over my fingertips. "We live like, four blocks from here!"

"Because she's Bailey." Ashley groans, and I decide to leave it at that because it's the simplest and truest statement.

New York City is beautiful at this time of the year but it's also the busiest, and the rowdiest. Almost everyone that passes us has something to say about what we're wearing, where we're headed off to, and whether or not we can spare some change in the form of a 'holiday handjob'. Standing right in the middle of LoveBunny Boulevard, a place notorious for having some of the sleaziest guys in town, doesn't exactly help our situation.

"I just saw a guy walk out of there with a double-ended tentacle dildo," Ashley states, pointing to the shop on the far right that reads Octopussy. When we take a while to react, she then turns to Chloe and I, disbelief written all over her face. "A tentacle dildo!"

"We heard you the first time," I wince, patting her on the shoulder in an attempt to calm her down.

"Who the fuck buys a tentacle dildo?!"

"I'm guessing they sold out of the jellyfish ones," Chloe says, and I giggle as Ashley shivers.

"I am so uncomfortable."

"I'm not," a voice pipes up, and all three of us jump up, yelping collectively; and although we're the ones to be caught off guard, Bailey herself screams in response.

Once the noise begins to die down and the people around us no longer scatter like fireflies, glares are aimed at the innocently blinking girl in front of us. "Jesus, Bails!" Chloe breathes, placing a hand on her heart. "Where the hell did you come from?!"

"My mother's c-section," Bailey quips, and we all groan at the typical Bailey reply.

"Okay, well, good thing you're finally here," I sigh, hooking my arm through hers. Before we can start walking, I pause, wanting to make sure she's got the one thing she made us wait for in the first place. "Have you got your underwear?"

She nods, playfully saluting. "Yes, ma'am. Red, really stretchy. They're even American Apparel."

"I thought you only had the white ones?"

"I did. But I accidentally left some lipstick in my jean pocket when I washed all my clothes together, so now they're red." she says sheepishly. "It's pretty cool, actually. It doesn't look like a lipstick stain at all. More like a work of art-"

"Can we continue this conversation elsewhere, please?" Chloe pleads, blowing some heat into the palms of her hands. "Preferably somewhere warm,"