20. the one where luke is sad.

chapter twenty:
the one where luke is sad.

"Turn your head that way," Ashton commands, a camera in his hand as Bailey poses in front of him. "Yes, like that! But a little more like this," he models himself, in a really odd looking way, and Bailey giggles.

It's quite a sight to see; he's exhausted, she's partially naked, but apparently a nude-taking session had to be done before our flight to Orlando tonight. It's better to ask and be satisfied with a halfhearted answer than to ask, press on, and end up with something you were better off without.

When I asked Bailey about what was so special about the pictures she was so hellbent on taking, she simply replied that she was achingly single and needed a quick bootycall; even if that bootycall resided in Orlando, Florida, where my sister's wedding was to take place.

"Okay."

"Wait no, this way," Ashton frowns, jutting his chest out for emphasis. Bailey does what she's told, unfazed like the rest of us.

"Like this?"

"No. Less talk, more bust." Ashton replies, making me giggle.

"Less talk..." Bailey murmurs to herself, copying our friend's actions. "More bust. Right. This any better?"

"Yep," Ashton presses a button and a flash emits across the room. "Beautiful! Now, for that butt pic. Left leg up, right leg down,"

"Have you done this before?" I ask him, eyebrow raised.

He grins at me, closing one eye for accuracy as his other gazes through the lens. "Does it show?"

"A little."

Chuckling, he turns his attention back to Bailey. Within a split second, the frown is back, and so is the frustrated tone.

"Lean to the left, Bails!"

"I'm trying!" she whines. "It's harder than it looks!"

"To the left," he moves his hips to prove a point, eyebrows raising as he gestures towards the sudden movement. "This way."

"Alright-"

"No, no!" he shrieks, stomping his foot, exasperated. "To the left, Bailey, to the left!"

"Jesus, Beyoncé! Chill the fuck out," Bailey snaps, scowling as she removes one hand from one boob and replaces it with the other. I take this as my cue to leave, after bidding Ashton good luck, I make my way out of the living room and into the kitchen.

I see Calum bending over the stove once I get there, this time fully clothes as opposed to cooking with nothing on. He flicks the gas on, then off, before shooting me a small smile.

"Gotta make sure everything's alright before we leave,"

"We're only going to be gone for the weekend, Cal." I say, leaning my elbows against the counter.

"I know. But it's better safe than sorry,"

"What about your guys' apartment?" I ask him, remembering how- despite how much time hey actually spent at our place- they had an apartment of their own right across the hall.

"Mikey's taking care of it."

"He is?"

"Yep. Why, don't trust him?" Calum grins lopsidedly, turning his attention back to the gas switch. I just let out a small laugh.