36. the one where sophie's angry.

chapter thirty-six:
the one where sophie's angry.

"You got her pregnant?!" Bailey has to hold me back as I strain and struggle against her, desperate to get any sort of hold on Luke. My teeth are grit together in anger, a sort of spite that I've never felt before, especially not around him.

I don't really know what I should be feeling, but I know it's not meant to be positive. I shouldn't be jumping for joy that my boyfriend is going to become a father to the kid of a woman we want nothing to do with.

"Soph, please-" I know what he wants to tell me, and it's a mistake. You never tell a girl to calm down, ever, especially when she's on the brink of all her anger and she's blinded by red.

"Don't you dare try and tell me to calm down!" I warn him, pointing a finger his way. I don't think he's ever seen me this angry before; nobody currently in the room has.

"Please baby, let's just talk about this," his tone is desperate, begging for my anger to subside, yet all I see is red.

"Luke, you knocked the girl up then ditched her," Michael says, eyes wide. "Now I don't know about you, but Sophie being pissed is pretty justifiable to me."

"Not helping." Luke snaps.

"I'm not here to help. I doubt anything can help you now, dude." he chuckles, only stopping once he sees the glare aimed in his direction.

"I can't believe you. We always used protection, it was in the fucking oath we were forced to take before we got the job!" Calum slaps Luke on the arm, as pissed as I am, though for a whole different reason. "No exceptions-"

"I know, I know!" Luke interrupts him, shoving him back off. "I fucking know that!"

"Then why didn't you use it?!"

"I-I don't know!" Luke shouts back, perplexed. "It just happened- I don't know how to say it! We were caught up in the moment, and we forgot, okay, we just-"

"You forgot to roll a piece of plastic over your dick, is that it?" I snap, every nerve in me faltering. Luke's wide eyes turn to look at the bitter expression on my face. "You forgot to pull out before you finished? You just forgot?"

"Doll-"

"Don't touch me," I jerk my arm away from him. If anyone's making the first move- both violent and comforting- it's going to be me.

Luke sighs, eyebrows furrowing together. "Why won't you listen to me?!"

"I wouldn't listen to you," Ashley crosses her arms. "Goddamnit, Luke, this isn't something you can just sweep under the rug and forget it ever happened! You're having a baby, a baby, with another woman!"

"April's not a woman." Bailey scoffs.

"You guys, ease up on him," Chloe states, propping a stool up. My jaw clenches as I turn to look at her; although she is the levelheaded one of the group most of the time, I'd rather she disregard all of her morals together right now and be as angry as the rest of us. "You're not giving him a chance to explain."

"He probably has a reason." Ashton agrees.

"His pull out game being weak is hardly a reason." Bailey says in a snappy tone, crossing her arms.

"No," Chloe sighs, sounding exasperated with everyone. "That's not the reason. Look, they probably used contraceptives-"

"Would she be pregnant if they did?" I interrupt bitterly, making quick eye contact with Luke on the other side of the table. His expression softens. Mine stays the same.