4 / Introductions

Chapter Four: Introductions

Once we're inside of Evans house, I'm at awe about how much people can fit in one floor.

Looking over everyone's  head, I paid attention to how the couches are pressed against the far  wall in the living room, giving people enough room to dance.

In the kitchen, there  stands a dozen or so different boxes filled with beer, and on the  counter by the sink, several different bottles of alcohol are spread  out.

No pictures anywhere.

"I'm gonna go get a drink," I shouted to Claire, hoping she can hear me through the loud music.

She thankfully nodded. "I'll come with you," she replied, standing next to me before we headed to the large kitchen.

Not wanting to drink tonight, I decide on looking for a soda can, which I luckily found in the fridge.

As I turned around again to face Claire, I noticed she held a bottle of Corona.

"You're not drinking beer?" She asked as she moved to the counter to grab a bottle opener.

I shook my head as I lifted up the can of Coca Cola to show her what I would be drinking for tonight.

She nodded her head. "Okay but just make sure you wipe—"

Claire stopped talking when she already noticed me wiping the the lid of the can with the bottom of my shirt.

"Not your first rodeo, huh?" Claire asked, laughing.

I shook my head. "It's  not that I've had experience, but my father gave me a list of things to  do when I go to a party. This was one of them," I explained, and she  nodded her head in understanding.

After that, we kept silent, so I decided to use that time to drink my cola in peace.

Looking around the  current environment I'm in, I notice a girl around my age, lying on the  table while another man on the left side of her body kneels down to take  a shot from her belly button.

"—right?" Claire's voice pops up, and I suddenly look to her with a guilty look.

"Sorry, I didn't hear. What did you say?"

Claire rolled her eyes playfully. "Travis! He's on the far left corner! Isn't he so hot?" She whispered excitedly.

I took a sneak peak over my shoulder, and true to her word, puppy killer stood there, drinking a beer.

"I guess... if you have a type that makes you want to run away crying," I shrugged once I've looked back to Claire.

I'm confused, I thought she had a thing for Evans. Now Travis?

"Honestly he is pretty scary, but Evans is too. But they're both equally hot," she said as she began to fan herself.

I shrugged and took another sip from my drink.

Evans doesn't look scary now, he just looks... angry. Lonely. Lost.

"Would you be okay if I went to go talk to him for a little while? It'll only be a couple of minutes!" Claire suddenly asked.

I nodded my head in Travis' direction. "Go ahead."

Claire squealed. "Thank you! I won't be gone too long," she said before she enveloped me in a hug.

Once we've let go of each other, Claire turned around and tried casually walking to Travis.

After stumbling on her  own two feet on more than one occasion, she finally reached Travis, and  instantly started rambling, which he replied with a glare.