13 / Exposed

Chapter 13: Exposed

Dean took me to the movies.

The movies.

Apparently, I gave that vibe that I would enjoy sitting in a uncomfortable seat for two or so hours quietly while watching a film this generation deemed to be amazing.

Which is not, by the way.

Throughout the movie, I was hardly paying attention, but when I was, it was just about this guy who was poor but was looking for ways to impress a rich girl.

Apparently, I also gave a vibe I was a hopeless romantic.

However, when the movie finished and he asked me how it was, I smiled and said it was good. Simply, good.

I know Dean told me that I could leave whenever I felt that our date wouldn't be great, but because I didn't want to be a total bitch, I stayed.

After four hours, he dropped me off at home, but not before stopping at a way too fancy restaurant.

Feeling way to uncomfortable to order anything bigger than a appetizer after he demanded to pay for the bill, I ordered some spring rolls.

"I hope you had fun," he said with a smile as we got into his car.

"I did," I lied, but looked at him with a smile nonetheless.

When Dean turned on his engine and began to reverse out of the parking spot, I glanced outside.

Once we got out of the parking lot, I watched the trees pass as Dean sped down the empty road, and I began to feel sick to my stomach as he took a sharp turn to my street.

In less than minutes, Dean parked in front of my house, and rushed out the car before opening the door for me.

"Thanks," I laughed as he placed his hand in front of me to take.

Once I took his hand, he helped he down with a smirk on his lips while I rolled my eyes at his playful behavior.

"So, can I be hopeful for a second date?" He whispered once we were both in front of my door.

I looked into his baby blue eyes and sighed. "Look, Dean. You seem like a great guy, but I don't want to string you along. I don't think this will be anything more than a friendship," I said, pointing to both of us.

He smirked once more with a tilt of the head, I scoffed internally, expecting that he would have another reaction. "It's fine, darling," he said.

"But can I have one last kiss before we can celebrate our friendship?" He asked, leaning slightly closer, and I couldn't help but laugh. Loudly.

"You want to celebrate our friendship with a kiss? I don't think that would work, Dean," I commented, but he smiled mischievously.

Before he could comment however, head lights poured into our direction, and I looked to the front of my house, watching as a car parked into my empty driveway.

Suddenly, the headlights were shut off, and I watched as Tyler left his car in a rush, jogging to me as if he hasn't noticed Dean's presence yet.

Dean, who also seemed to notice Tyler's weird behavior, stepped back, watching the scene in front of him unfold.

"Amanda, we need to talk now," he hissed, and my brows furrowed.

"What's going on, Ty?" I asked, testing out a new nickname that I've been debating on for a while.

His brows raised for a second before he bit his lower lip. "Let's head inside."

Dean cleared his throat, finally catching Tyler's attention. "Um, I'm gonna go," he said slowly, and Tyler immediately looked his way.