chapter twelve

One week later I'm dressed in an O'Khasis Prep Uniform. Not something I wanted, nor did I ever expect to wear, but here I am currently wearing it.

My brother's veiws on this move are all completely different. While Garroth has decided to try to be positive about the new move, Zane wants to pretend that it mever happened. Then there's Vylad who is acting like he knows somethunf nobody else does. Which most likely is the case considering his intelligence.

I begin to walk to my locker, and I feel somebody's hands on my shoulder. I ignore it knowing thaf it's Garroth because he told me he was going to do this to me.

That's until the hands started traveling down my arms that I had gottena annoyed. I turn around ready to slap the person, but then I see Laurance. Laurance Zvahl, the guy who goes to Phoenix Drop High. The guy I left back home.

"What are you doing here?!" I exclaim excitedly, and I'm brought into a bone crushing hug.

"Vylad hacked into files to get us here," He says. "Alex made him to do it."

"They're crazy!"

He wiggles his eyebrows. "You know," He begins flirtatiously. "You look good in your uniform."

"Laurance Zvahl!"

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"I'm sitting you down, so you don't kill me," Alex says as she guides me onto a chair in the quiet library.

"You'd have to kill somebody for me to want to kill you," I chuckle, but then it clicks to me, and I stop. "You didn't kill anybody did you? Oh Irene Alex, why didn't you tell me? Wait, no, don't tell me-"

She cuts me off, "Shut up, will you?"

"Sorry."

She rolls her eyes, "Anyway. You've known how I've always wanted to act and sing, but now I've found a way to do that. The other day dad and I were looking for schools, and we found one! It's kind of far away, but it should be fine!"

I'm actually excited for her. I have everybody back even if I'm not in Phoenix Drop anymore.

"How far away? Meteli? Scaleswind? Brightport?"

"Try England on for size."

I couldn't believe my ears.

"England?"

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

That Saturday came around, and it was time to say goodbye to my best friend. The girl I've been through everything with, and the girl who kneabout my crush on Laurance. Tears were shed, and goodbyes were said.

Except, there was one good thing that happened. Father's company had him move back to Phoenix Drop, so the rest of that day and Sunday was full of repacking and unpacking again.

It's after school on Monday, and I'm the only one home at the current moment. I'm lying on the couch watching TV, and I may just get in trouble for having a bunch of popcorn on the floor.

The doorbell rings, and I instantly groan. Dragging my feet to the door I open it to reveal Laurance. Normally I'd be happy to see him, but right now I just want to finish watching my movie.

"Garroth isn't here."

He blinks, "Um, I was here for your advice, but if you-"

"Come in. I know how you work."

A few minutes later my TV show is still paused, and Laurance is sitting on my bed ranting on and on about how he's fallen head over heels for some girl. He says how he loves her personality, and he adores her laugh. Then after that the list continues.

"What do I do? I'm not Vylad Ro'meave. I don't drive on Ro'meave," He runs his hand through his hair. "You're a girl. What do I do?"

"Not assume my gender, but, I have an idea of what yowy could do. It's simple, romantic, cliché, and timeless. Anyway, here's what you do."

I explain it all to him, from the window to the rose. From the confession to what he would need to do if the girl regets him. I even was kind enough and gave him a pep talk.

A few hours later, Laurance begins to knock on my window. I'm confused at first, but then he sasses back at me when I ask him if he was regetted saying 'I haven't asked her yet'.

"Stop acting like an idiot Laurance."

He steps into my room completely and gives me a slightly beaten up rose.

"I feel on the way up here," He says as he get on one knee. "I talked to this amazing girl today, and she told me how to ask you out. I'm listening to her advice, and I'm praying that you don't turn me down. Y/N Ro'meave, you are the more amazing and beautiful person I have ever met. Will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?"

"Of course Laurance."

He brings my lips to his for a gentle kiss. While he slips his arms around my waist, I place my hands on his chest feeling him smile into the kiss.

It's like one of those moments that somebody wishes would never end, and right now it's one of those moments.

I'm kissing Laurance Zvahl, and Laurance Zvahl is my boyfriend.

"You don't know how lonf I've veen wanting to do that," He mumbles into my lips before leaning back in for another sweet kiss.

You're a theif, and you stole my heart. You ran away with it, but Laurance, you need to take care of it. In return, I'll take care of yours.