Chapter 3

Le Feet/Legs

Feet are gross. The legs and feet are said to be more reliable when providing information. It is harder for people to control the movements consciously or fake it, compared to others, like Le Hands. Therefore, we can get some juicy stuff when looking at their legs and feet.

Let's Start:

Crossed legs, sitting: Meaning caution, or disinterest. It could mean someone feels threatened or insecure.

Crossed legs, standing: This can be an indication of shyness, and can be accompanied by the hands behind the back and a lowered head. The person may sway a little bit as well with the unstable position, and is a rare defensive stance, but can also be submissive.

Open legs, sitting: While I just do this because it's comfortable, this mainly male position is said to mean arrogance, combative, and sexual posturing. It tells us the person is confident, and is further emphasised if the arms are open or wide.

Feet/foot direction: If you have watched New Girl, then you may already know this, but the feet tend to point in the direction of the focus of interest, or away from something/someone if it is not of interest.

Leg bouncing, sitting: This can be a sign for impatience.

Feet spread, standing: When someone is doing this, it can mean dominance, but also they can be ready for action with this firm base.

Ankle lock, sitting: The Ankle lock is also a sign that we are holding back, trying to suppress emotions such as fear or uncertainty. With the addition of hiding their feet under the chair, shows a withdrawn feeling from the present situation.

Fact: Dentists say that 9 out of 10 people do the ankle lock when they are receiving an injection- I cannot blame them though, needles are the worst.

Tapping foot: Like the bouncing leg, it can again symbolise impatience, yet also anxiety. I do this a lot without realising before a speech or something nerve-wracking.

Four figure leg cross, (ankle on knee): Meaning stubbornness, independent, or resistant.

Uncrossed legs, sitting: This doesn't really mean much but an open attitude.

Parallel legs, sitting: Parallel legs is usually carried out by females, and can mean properness. It is common in women due to upbringing and clothing (damn dresses and skirts).

---

Thank you for reading, and I have noticed some people have added me to their reading list. That makes me so happy to know people are actually reading this :D

Once again, I hope you learnt something new today, and if there are any mistakes, please let me know.

---

Websites used:

http://www.businessballs.com/body-language.htm#eyes-body-language

http://changingminds.org/techniques/body/parts_body_language/leg_body_language.htm

https://lonerwolf.com/body-language-legs/